Windows 10: Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I'm new to the community and need a little help please!! So I shut down my laptop as normal about 10 days ago and the windows update ran before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TracyC07, Sep 20, 2020.

1. TracyC07 Win User

Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop

Hi I'm new to the community and need a little help please!!

So I shut down my laptop as normal about 10 days ago and the windows update ran before shut down. I use Lenovo ideapad 320s fairly new.

Next day I can't login to my laptop it tells me wrong password?? So I try clicking reset password and I have a message telling me in order to reset password insert disk or USB...……………….never seen this before or understand it.

I give my laptop to my cousin who is an electronics engineer and very clever with pc's etc. He is confused by it all too.

We opened up holding shift to get into the advanced options and tried uninstalling updates, said there wasn't any. We then tried to reset the Laptop saving files, nothing happened, a few other things then gave up. So he set me up as administrator with no password just so that I can access the internet. Now if I try to switch accounts to mine there is no password option just a sign in button which when clicked on says incorrect password.

I have all my work, settings and files in my login and obviously it is using space, so surely Windows need to address this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and the easier its explained the better.

Thank you in advance

Tracy C

:)

TracyC07, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Unable to login to the PC after updating to Windows 10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while logging in to the PC after installing the latest Windows update. I appreciate your time and effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain steps to login.

To understand the issue better, please respond to the questions below:

1. Is the PC connected to university network/domain network?
    2. Is the computer connected to the internet while you are trying to login to your computer?

If you are not connected to internet, please connect an Ethernet cable to the PC and then try logging.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try booting the PC in to safe mode and check if you are able to login. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please try the next method.

Method 2:

Since you are unable to login, I would suggest you to try rolling back the update and check. Refer the section
    Go back to your previous version of Windows in the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

In addition, you can also try resetting the password for the university account and check if you are able to login. In order to reset the password please get in touch with the university.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 20, 2020
  4. cwo1960 Win User

Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for the advice on enabling the administrator account. I follow all the steps and enabled the administrator account but I am still unable to log in. I am attaching 2 photos of the screens I am able to see at boot up.
    Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop [​IMG]

Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop [​IMG]

I have no way to choose which account to log in with.
    Any other ideas or suggestion?
    Thanks

cwo1960, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop - Similar Threads - recent update unable

2. Unable to login to my laptop after windows 10 22H2 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to my laptop after windows 10 22H2 update: I have just updated to windows 10 version 22H2.After completion of update when laptop was ready to use was asking to sign-in using username and password ,I filled correct username and password but it is showing incorrect username or password then I switched to sign-in through...
  3. Unable to login to my laptop after windows 10 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to my laptop after windows 10 22H2 update: I have just updated to windows 10 version 22H2.After completion of update when laptop was ready to use was asking to sign-in using username and password ,I filled correct username and password but it is showing incorrect username or password then I switched to sign-in through...
  4. Unable to login to my laptop after windows 10 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to login in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login in my laptop: Hello Microsoft Team,I am unable to login in my laptop with following error,"Your Password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with new password, and then you can sign in with Windows Hello."I haven't changed my Windows password on any of...
  6. Unable to login in my laptop

Unable to login in my laptop: Hello Microsoft Team,I am unable to login in my laptop with following error,"Your Password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with new password, and then you can sign in with Windows Hello."I haven't changed my Windows password on any of...
  7. Unable to login to my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to my laptop: Hello,I'm having problem to log in to my laptop, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall what could be the pin and there is no option available on the screen to change/reset pin .I always...
  8. Unable to login to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to my laptop: Hello,I'm having problem to log in to my laptop, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall what could be the pin and there is no option available on the screen to change/reset pin .I always...
  9. Unable to login to my laptop

10. Unable to login my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login my laptop: I'm unable to login my laptop. Every time it will show sign-in options below the text field but now I cannot see that option and it's asking only password. I used to login my laptop with a PIN but now it's not accepting the PIN and asking only for password but I didn't set...