Windows 10: windows 10 recognising headset as speakers

Discus and support windows 10 recognising headset as speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi. so i have an acer aspire es 15 laptop and sony headphones with a mic(im not sure what the model is). the problem is that because windows recognises... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StevieStyle, Oct 5, 2019.

1. windows 10 recognising headset as speakers

hi. so i have an acer aspire es 15 laptop and sony headphones with a mic(im not sure what the model is). the problem is that because windows recognises my headphones as speakers, it ignores the mic on them and so i cant use it with my laptop. please help!

:)

StevieStyle, Oct 5, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue windows 10 recognising headset as speakers :p

cadaveca, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Bluetooth speaker set recognised as headset

Hi all,

I've connected my home cinema set to my Win10 laptop via bluetooth. I can play music and sounds fine, however, Windows has recognised my 5.1 surround sound speaker set as a stereo headset. As a result, I cannot enjoy the surround sound my setup can offer.
    I've tried looking in the Sound Setting and Device Manager for a way to tell Windows that the device that is connected is a speaker set, and not a headset. I was unsuccesful. Does anyone know how to get this done?

Marcel1620061, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Cybie1111 Win User

windows 10 recognising headset as speakers

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 recognising headset as speakers

1. windows 10 recognising headset as speakers - Similar Threads - recognising headset speakers

2. Not recognising my headset anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not recognising my headset anywhere: Alright so, recently I realised that whenever I plug headset, no new option comes up. For some reason I only have realtek array and external microphone. I tried with multiple headset, but I cant find them on device manager or anywhere just the ones I said. Any ideas why and...
  3. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  4. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  5. headphone recognised as speakers

headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  6. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  7. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Headset and speakers

Headset and speakers: I frequently switch between my headset and speakers headset is blue pump connected by bluetooth and my speakers are yamaha HS8 connected by my focusrite scarlett 2i2 that is plugged into my pc via usb I find it really difficult to switch between them as i have to go to...
  9. Headphones recognised as speakers

Headphones recognised as speakers: So headphones recognised as speakers and I cant control volume its either 0 or 100, I have tried reinstalling drivers and etc. nothing worked, hope anyone can help......
  10. Headset not recognised in windows 10

Headset not recognised in windows 10: Hi, i recently got a pair of cooler master mh751 headphones. Audio is just fine, however the mic is not working. Under sounds (in both playback and recording) the headset nor the microphone for the headset is detected. It only shows realtek audio and nothing else (even when...