Windows 10: Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for...

Discus and support Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeniseJM, Nov 28, 2018.

1. DeniseJM Win User

Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for...

How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this computer and there are no other users listed.

I tried Command Prompt > Run as Administrator and typed: net user administrator /active:yes but that didn't solve the problem.

What else can I try?

Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for... 5e20719c-f1d9-4c6e-a313-6403a55cc1dc?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for... 6c762192-7c51-4ebc-940b-c4741a84c37e?upload=true.jpg

:)

DeniseJM, Nov 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 asks for administrator password

Hi Carl,

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if you face the same issue.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users.

• Select add someone else on this PC.

• Enter a user name and hit next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to change the account type to administrator account by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.

• Select the account which you want to change.

• Now click on change the account type.

• Select Administrator
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type to administrator account.

• Now check if you are able to perform the tasks.
    Get back to us with the status of the issue.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for...

Windows not recognizing ssd

Windows won't see the drive until it has been partitioned and formatted. Go into "Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management" and see if it's listed in the middle pane.

Static~Charge, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for...

1. Windows 10 recognizes me as the Administrator. How can I get it to stop asking me for... - Similar Threads - recognizes Administrator stop

2. How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to sign in to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to sign in to Microsoft account?: Every time I open the start menu, there is a badge on my profile icon. When I clock on it, it shows me the options below. I do not want to sign in to a Microsoft account on this computer, and I do not want to be reminded later. What I want is for you to never ask again; I...
  3. How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to sign in to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to sign in to Microsoft account?: Every time I open the start menu, there is a badge on my profile icon. When I clock on it, it shows me the options below. I do not want to sign in to a Microsoft account on this computer, and I do not want to be reminded later. What I want is for you to never ask again; I...
  4. How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to sign in to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I am the only account holder with administrator privilege. However it does not allow me to delete a college email that is listed as work email. How do I solve the problem of my account not being recognized as having administrator privilege?Thanks in anticipation...
  6. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I am the only account holder with administrator privilege. However it does not allow me to delete a college email that is listed as work email. How do I solve the problem of my account not being recognized as having administrator privilege?Thanks in anticipation...
  7. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

8. How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to confirm my app choices?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to confirm my app choices?: I have associated a number of non-standard Windows apps with various file types, but Windows 10 likes to question my choices by displaying the application choice dialog with my already selected app checked and asking me to confirm "always use this app to open". This is...
  9. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize me as the Administrator.

How do I get Windows 10 to recognize me as the Administrator.: I've tried all the suggestions in the Community forum. I tried: C:\WINDOWS\system32>user administrator /active:yes Results from Windows: 'user' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I am so angry. I've lived with this for years...
  10. Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?: I recently restarted my PC and it loaded up the repair diagnostic screen for whatever reason, but after about 30 minutes my PC finally started. I noticed the sound icon was off with the message "The audio service is not running", in addition to me not being able to open my...