Windows 10: Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1)

Discus and support Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have no clue how to make it realize those are rear speakers. Realtek and Windows settings both only allow to use them as rear speakers. Any ideas on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/coms77, Jan 23, 2021.

1. /u/coms77 Win User

Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1)

I have no clue how to make it realize those are rear speakers. Realtek and Windows settings both only allow to use them as rear speakers.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/coms77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/coms77, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Dams Win User

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64).
    On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers : the black pin switches automaticaly to "side". I have to reconfigure the black pin to rear every time !

Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1) [​IMG]

Did someone had a similar issue ?

Here's my config if it helps : Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 and Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers.

3. Headphone recognized as speakers

I have a pair of rear speakers and table microphone plugged in to the rear jacks and headset plugged in to the front, all devices are working fine except that the computer doesn't distinguish between speakers and headphones as my headset is recognized
    as speakers. Is it possible to separate them so that I am able to choose which to be my playback device

Ong Wen Hao, Jan 23, 2021
  4. FrancoisH Win User

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue, at least I think.

As described in my profile, my motherboard is an ASUS Z77 Extreme3D with a Codec Audio Realtek ALC898 embarked which support 7.1 configuration... But you need to be able to change one of the pin destination to do so...

I have 5.1 speakers, not 7.1... and only 5 pins on the back side... I generally switched the black role from rear to side speakers so I could use 5.1 config like Dolby defines it (as Side and not Rear speakers).

But since I went to Windows 10, I can no longer switch to a different selection for any of the pins... the driver won't allow it. So either I use 7.1 config with side unchecked, with probably a bit of a loss of quality in the sound... Or I switch to the 5.1 but I lose totally the side effect as my side connected to the black pin aren't used as the black thing is used for... rear and not side... It's a bit complicated, I admit, but very frustrating as well.

If you have any suggestion...

Kind regards.

FrancoisH, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1) - Similar Threads - recognizes rear speakers

2. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.: I have a Quadraphonic Sound System with 4 speakers 2 fronts and 2 rears and a Woofer. Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn't detect my Rear Speakers when I select "Quadraphonic" in Speaker Configuration dialog box. There comes no sound when I click on the Rear speakers in the...
  3. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.: I have a Quadraphonic Sound System with 4 speakers 2 fronts and 2 rears and a Woofer. Unfortunately, Windows 10 doesn't detect my Rear Speakers when I select "Quadraphonic" in Speaker Configuration dialog box. There comes no sound when I click on the Rear speakers in the...
  4. Rear Speakers of my Quadraphonic Speakers doesn't work on Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill: Has anyone been able to play music through their rear 5.1 speakers? Apparently there used to be a setting in windows call speaker fill that would play stereo output through but it's not longer available. Any advice would be helpful. submitted by /u/Yeeyo55 [link]...
  6. 5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10

5.1 speaker rear speaker not working in Windows 10: In Windows 10 my 5.1 surround sound speakers are not working. When I test the surround sound it works but when I play music or play games there is no sound from rear/surround speaker. I did followings to resolve the issue but still problem persist 1 tick the option...
  7. asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers

asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers: Hello, I recently bought an Asus ROG strix B550-I Gaming motherboard to build a home theater system. I installed all of the Asus audio drivers Aand utilities after installing Windows 10 Pro Build 19041. When i go to Realtek Audio Manager and set up the rear-panel jacks...
  8. headphone and speaker working only on 1 side

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphone and speaker working only on 1 side: so I bought a new laptop pc (an asus transformer 3 pro) and when I play music with it both on built-in speakers and headphone only the right side works (it has this problem with all audio devices) so I think its a software issue I have gone to realtek HD audio and its set to...
  9. Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker: Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64). On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers : the black pin switches automaticaly to "side". I have to reconfigure the black pin to rear every time ! [img] Did...
  10. No sound from rear speakers

No sound from rear speakers: I have recently moved house and on setting up my media pc, I noticed I was not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. A channel test on the receiver confirmed that they are working, so the issue has to be with Windows. I just upgraded it with a new SSD and case and...