Windows 10: Windows 10 recognizing audio system as a monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 recognizing audio system as a monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i have a DENON audio system connected to my laptop via an hdmi cable and it works as it should from an audio standpoint but it also recognizes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaticGregorčič, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 recognizing audio system as a monitor

Hi, i have a DENON audio system connected to my laptop via an hdmi cable and it works as it should from an audio standpoint but it also recognizes it as monitor (presumably because you can pass a video through it to another monitor or a tv).

The problem is, i dont want windows recognizing it as a monitor because i am not using this feature and its just just annoying, as windows thinks its an active monitor and sometimes opens apps on this "monitor".

I tried disabling it but that ends up disconecting it whole and the audio doesnt work. I also cannot show the same picture on it as my main monitor because the main monitor has a 1440p resolution and the audio system is for some reason fixed at fullhd.

Can i somehow configure it so windows will know its not a monitor?

Thank you all for help

:)

MaticGregorčič, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 recognizing audio system as a monitor

How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 recognizing audio system as a monitor

1. Windows 10 recognizing audio system as a monitor - Similar Threads - recognizing audio system

2. Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.: So, I have a monitor that can extract audio from HDMI through a 3.5mm jack on its back. The problem is the monitor will take over the audio and the computer stop using its own 3.5mm jack so I had to plug in the monitor. The computer/motherboard audio still appears in the...
  3. Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.: So, I have a monitor that can extract audio from HDMI through a 3.5mm jack on its back. The problem is the monitor will take over the audio and the computer stop using its own 3.5mm jack so I had to plug in the monitor. The computer/motherboard audio still appears in the...
  4. Second monitor not recognized Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not recognized Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor. Both monitors contain the same view only.Sense monitor, also Jetpoint monitor.Detect does not detect. restart, reinstall drivers accomplishes...sadly...nothing....
  5. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  6. Monitor audio not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor audio not recognized: Hi everyone, my pc has always worked good but from a day to another my speakers connected to the monitor have stopped working. I Initially thought that they were broken so i tried them on ps4 still connected to the monitor and they perfectly worked. I cannot see anyomore in...
  7. Monitor audio not recognized

Monitor audio not recognized: Hi everyone, my pc has always worked good but from a day to another my speakers connected to the monitor have stopped working. I Initially thought that they were broken so i tried them on ps4 still connected to the monitor and they perfectly worked. I cannot see anyomore in...
  8. Monitor audio not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor

HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor: Hello, i'm using two monitors and a sound system that is recognizing as a 3th monitor It's anoying when i open a new window and it goes to the 3th monitor and i cant see it because it is not a monitor. I wan't to keep using the soung system but "blocking" it to not actualy...
  10. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized: Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI Windows 10 Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor...