Windows 10: Windows 10 recording all audio

Discus and support Windows 10 recording all audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a weird audio issue. Windows will route all my audio output to audio input (only much quieter). I don't see any audio input in the "Sound »... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Outliver, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 recording all audio

I have a weird audio issue. Windows will route all my audio output to audio input (only much quieter).

I don't see any audio input in the "Sound » Recording" settings. But when I listen to music and hit record in any recording software, I'll get my output recorded. Also, when voice chatting, my chat partners will hear themselves.

This is true for all audio devices capable of recording (i.e. headset and external usb audio device) and seemingly only when the selected input and output devices are the same.

I have no clue what the cause could be or how to solve this. As a musician this is very annoying as I can't record anything w/o also recording the clicktrack. Now I'm hoping to get some help here.

Thank you very much Windows 10 recording all audio :)

submitted by /u/Outliver
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Outliver, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 recording all audio

Audio Recording Problem

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to troubleshoot concerns regarding audio:

• Press Windows key + X > Control Panel.
    • Select the drop-down men beside View by: then choose
      Small icons
    • Go to Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound >
      Recording Audio.
    Give it a try and let us know if you need further assistance.

Regile Reb, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 recording all audio

1. Windows 10 recording all audio - Similar Threads - recording audio

2. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  3. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  4. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  5. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

[Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  6. while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...: while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after that there was no audio how to recover that audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-screen-recording-a-40-min-long-video/b57c35ed-a901-444d-ac34-599841fbe304
  7. while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...

while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after...: while screen recording a 40 min long video initially audio came for 10 to 12 mins but after that there was no audio how to recover that audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-screen-recording-a-40-min-long-video/b57c35ed-a901-444d-ac34-599841fbe304
  8. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...
  9. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...
  10. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...