Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was setting up a new laptop and managed to pick up a hijacker virus. Booted to safe mode by checking the box in msconfig to boot to safemode. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by A0110F, Apr 22, 2016.

1. A0110F Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop

Was setting up a new laptop and managed to pick up a hijacker virus. Booted to safe mode by checking the box in msconfig to boot to safemode.

While in safe mode I was unsuccessful in dealing with hijacker. I decided that being barely into setting up new laptop, I might as well just jump back to system restore point and start loading from the beginning.

While in safe mode I started system restore. System is now in boot loop. Booting part way, only to stop boot with dialog box "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer."

'Ok' will restart the system, only to return to same dialog box. Do to 'safe mode' being the boot option selected in msconfig.

Have no known way to change 'safe mode' selection in boot options as dialog box forcing restart shows early in the boot process.

:)

A0110F, Apr 22, 2016

2. is there a problem with win 10 and Webroot software. causes destruction of ability to boot.

Install Webroot Plus causes windows to go into loop and locks PC to not be able to restart. Power off PC and unable to boot to Win 10. Tried recovery DVD and USB recovery to no avail.

DonSmithGA, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key won't unlock Windows Drive

My recovery key will unlock the drive if it starts up normally but my computer won't boot windows (Infinite boot loop) I went into advance recovery but the same recovery key won't unlock the drive to fix the boot loop I don't know how to fix this any help
    would be appreciated

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

<Moved from Windows Insider preview forums>

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

XxD3YHOT4xX, Apr 22, 2016
  4. A0110F Win User

Figured it out.. Thanks for the help guys..

A0110F, Apr 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop - Similar Threads - Recovery Boot loop

2. Windows 8.1 installation stuck in a recovery boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 installation stuck in a recovery boot loop: I've been quite a big fan of Windows 7, but since my hardware is quite new, I can't install it. And no, simple "install USB 3.0 drivers" won't work or "use Windows 10 installer and swap the install.wim file". Trust me, I tried both and ended up uninstalling my main Windows 11...
  3. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  5. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Recovery Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Recovery Boot Loop: I am having issue loading up windows. I am stuck on a screen that says Windows Recovery and it tells me that windows could not start up properly. I’ve tried the advanced options, like the command prompt, the restore option, and I was able to go into Windows safe mode. But...
  7. Windows 10 boot loop data recovery

Windows 10 boot loop data recovery: About 3 weeks ago I was using my laptop just fine. It started to launch quite slowely but I didn't think much of it. Later that evening I tried to reboot the laptop, it froze completely at the desktop with just chrome opened. It was frozen for about 10 minutes when I turned...
  8. Stuck on recovery boot loop

Stuck on recovery boot loop: My laptop booted to windows 10 with all my files deleted no desktop icons and other data was deleted. I tried to hp recovery to reset to factory condition Windows 7. But after completion of the recovery process, it shows incomplete restoration and shows 3 options - save...
  9. Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition: Hello. I have been dualbooting OS X and Windows 8 (then 10) using Clover bootloader for over 2,5 years now. It's not ideal, but it works, or worked, up until today. After restarting from OS X to boot into W10 I got the "infinite spinner", which then (after rebooting) turned...
  10. Windows 10 Recovery Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Recovery Loop: My fiance and I have had our computer for about 3 years now. It's never given us any problems at all. We don't download any content that we believe might be malware and we typically stay away from infectious sites, but we turned it on today and this message appeared:...