Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was setting up a new laptop and managed to pick up a hijacker virus. Booted to safe mode by checking the box in msconfig to boot to safemode. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by A0110F, Apr 22, 2016.

1. A0110F Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop

Was setting up a new laptop and managed to pick up a hijacker virus. Booted to safe mode by checking the box in msconfig to boot to safemode.

While in safe mode I was unsuccessful in dealing with hijacker. I decided that being barely into setting up new laptop, I might as well just jump back to system restore point and start loading from the beginning.

While in safe mode I started system restore. System is now in boot loop. Booting part way, only to stop boot with dialog box "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer."

'Ok' will restart the system, only to return to same dialog box. Do to 'safe mode' being the boot option selected in msconfig.

Have no known way to change 'safe mode' selection in boot options as dialog box forcing restart shows early in the boot process.

:)

A0110F, Apr 22, 2016

2. is there a problem with win 10 and Webroot software. causes destruction of ability to boot.

Install Webroot Plus causes windows to go into loop and locks PC to not be able to restart. Power off PC and unable to boot to Win 10. Tried recovery DVD and USB recovery to no avail.

DonSmithGA, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key won't unlock Windows Drive

My recovery key will unlock the drive if it starts up normally but my computer won't boot windows (Infinite boot loop) I went into advance recovery but the same recovery key won't unlock the drive to fix the boot loop I don't know how to fix this any help
    would be appreciated

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

<Moved from Windows Insider preview forums>

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

XxD3YHOT4xX, Apr 22, 2016
  4. A0110F Win User

Figured it out.. Thanks for the help guys..

A0110F, Apr 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop - Similar Threads - Recovery Boot loop

2. Windows 10 boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot loop: Before going to be last night there was an update available so I clicked "Update and Shut Down". When trying to boot my computer this morning, it just tries to automatically repair the computer. I'm trying to avoid completely reloading the computer. Here are the things...
  3. Windows 10 Boot Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Loop: Hello, my device is an Aspire One Cloudbook 14. I believe the windows 10 version that i had was around 1511. I couldn't update it since i didn't have enough storage. I've been having a problem where the screen shows the Acer logo, screen turns black and then repeats. This...
  4. Windows 10 boot loop

Windows 10 boot loop: After the recent update from Windows my computer's performance was trash. When I logged on my computer froze and shut down I restarted the computer no help. After getting to safe mode I tried everything resetting my pc had failed multiple times both settings, system restore...
  5. Windows recovery loop

Windows recovery loop: Recently i decided to reset all my information and start from scratch. Well after 30 minutes of this my PC reatarts and gets stuck. I accidentally removed the power source and shut down the computer. Now everytime I try to turn it on I get a blue screen, it has a lot of...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Loop !!!

Windows 10 Boot Loop !!!: The issue: I had to downgrade Windows 10 to 8 on an offline computer. As I installed all the software... one of them required the internet... so, I connected it so that it could get itself the software it needed. At one point, the computer was forced into a restart. After it...
  7. Windows 10 automatic recovery loop.

Windows 10 automatic recovery loop.: Hello. I was on my PC when it said I had drive errors and to restart to fix them. Did so and now its doing the loop on me. Tried everything from chkdsk to safe mode. Downloaded the Windows 10 MCT to a flash drive but shows as iso and won’t read it on my PC. I get the Log...
  8. Windows 10 Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot Loop: Hi, have a problem where Windows wouldn't boot after i accidentally changed something whilst using the program CCleaner where I ticked some boxes under the "Advanced" tab. After trying some fixes I had to reset the PC. I chose the option that allowed me to keep all of my...
  9. Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition: Hello. I have been dualbooting OS X and Windows 8 (then 10) using Clover bootloader for over 2,5 years now. It's not ideal, but it works, or worked, up until today. After restarting from OS X to boot into W10 I got the "infinite spinner", which then (after rebooting) turned...
  10. Windows 10 Recovery Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Recovery Loop: My fiance and I have had our computer for about 3 years now. It's never given us any problems at all. We don't download any content that we believe might be malware and we typically stay away from infectious sites, but we turned it on today and this message appeared:...