Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to clean re-install windows on my PC. I've already backed up all the files I want onto an external drive, and simply want to wipe ALL files on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by luk7189, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:27 AM.

1. luk7189 Win User

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

I want to clean re-install windows on my PC. I've already backed up all the files I want onto an external drive, and simply want to wipe ALL files on my internal drive and ssd. I want to then cleanly re-install windows and essentially start from scratch.

I went to settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC and selected remove everything. I changed the settings to remove all files from all drives but when I click "show me the list of drives that will be affected" only "D:" drive is listed. The first time round, when I did this, it only removed everything from my C: drive (the way I intended).

However as seen in my disk management - I want to remove the (disk 0 partition 2) which has the system partition in it. I don't know why this drive now has my system partition either.

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk [​IMG]

I'm confused as to what to do and what the issue is to just start anew.

Please help!

:)

2. Windows 10 wipe my hard disk

Good day

By installing the new Windows 10, will my hard disk be wiped?

Or will all my data be kept on my CPU after the installation?

Thank you

MuhammadTaylor, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:30 AM
  3. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:30 AM
  4. Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

How to create Recovery disk for windows 10

Hii Panel;

Last week i upgrade window7 to window 10 , so now what i want to know is that how to create a complete recovery disk (using Pen-drive or hard disk) for window 10. So that in future if any problem occur i can make format to currently install window10 and
    reinstall windows10 from that recovery disk .

Please tell me step by step process for creating recovery disk and also tell me how to again reinstall window 10 form that recovery disk ?

SuryaKantNayak, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:30 AM
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

1. Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk - Similar Threads - recovery doesnt wipe

2. window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive: I just add my 2nd HDD into my pc, but window doesn't recognize the HDD. I see in the device manager but doesn't show up in file explorer or storage setting. I try scan for hardware changes, uninstalling it and updating driver. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  3. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  4. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  5. System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk...."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk....": Hi, I have a laptop with a SSD. I made two logical partition C and D on a SSD, so I installed Win 10 on the C logical disk and made a backup image on the D logical disk. In win 7, I can restore my back-up image on another logical disk, but I tried to recover in Win 10. I...
  6. Windows 10 Disk CleanUp wiped my entire Download folder

Windows 10 Disk CleanUp wiped my entire Download folder: I ran disk clean up last night, and noticed that the Downloads folder were an option. On account that I’ve used this tool for decades, and that it says that it removes «unnecessary files», I thought that I would clean up some leftovers from various updates. But instead it...
  7. Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive

Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive: When I saw a forced Windows update, I assumed it was a minor security update and not the one that it pretty obviously was. My bad, I assumed that Windows update would actually automatically check before it processed with installing anything given the sheer number of issues...
  8. wipe hard drive

wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2
  9. Windows 10 recovery disk

Windows 10 recovery disk: I have upgraded my windows OS from 8.1 to Windows 10 Home. I need to know the course of action where I can make a complete recovery DVD disk/USB whichever preferable, just in case, in future windows 10 OS freezes / goes bad. Also I have been informed there won't be any...
  10. recovery disk for Windows 10

recovery disk for Windows 10: I need to make a recovery disk for Windows 10. How do I do that? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/recovery-disk-for-windows-10/c602d599-6b50-45d3-bd94-2b8d48398ec0