Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to clean re-install windows on my PC. I've already backed up all the files I want onto an external drive, and simply want to wipe ALL files on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by luk7189, Nov 7, 2019.

1. luk7189 Win User

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

I want to clean re-install windows on my PC. I've already backed up all the files I want onto an external drive, and simply want to wipe ALL files on my internal drive and ssd. I want to then cleanly re-install windows and essentially start from scratch.

I went to settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC and selected remove everything. I changed the settings to remove all files from all drives but when I click "show me the list of drives that will be affected" only "D:" drive is listed. The first time round, when I did this, it only removed everything from my C: drive (the way I intended).

However as seen in my disk management - I want to remove the (disk 0 partition 2) which has the system partition in it. I don't know why this drive now has my system partition either.

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk [​IMG]

I'm confused as to what to do and what the issue is to just start anew.

Please help!

:)

luk7189, Nov 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 wipe my hard disk

Good day

By installing the new Windows 10, will my hard disk be wiped?

Or will all my data be kept on my CPU after the installation?

Thank you

MuhammadTaylor, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

How to create Recovery disk for windows 10

Hii Panel;

Last week i upgrade window7 to window 10 , so now what i want to know is that how to create a complete recovery disk (using Pen-drive or hard disk) for window 10. So that in future if any problem occur i can make format to currently install window10 and
    reinstall windows10 from that recovery disk .

Please tell me step by step process for creating recovery disk and also tell me how to again reinstall window 10 form that recovery disk ?

SuryaKantNayak, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

1. Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk - Similar Threads - recovery doesnt wipe

2. Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10: Hello all, I just bought a new computer with Win11. HP Envy I think. Anyway I want to wipe clean Old Computer #1. I went online and found these instructions and want to know if your agree with it: How to wipe a hard drive - Windows 10Press the Windows key.Type “Settings” to...
  3. Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10: Hello all, I just bought a new computer with Win11. HP Envy I think. Anyway I want to wipe clean Old Computer #1. I went online and found these instructions and want to know if your agree with it: How to wipe a hard drive - Windows 10Press the Windows key.Type “Settings” to...
  4. Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wipe Windows without recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe Windows without recovery: I just bought a refurbished laptop, realized after setting it up that I hate it, and I am now eager to return it - I want to wipe all of my info from it before sending it back. There is nothing on this laptop that I want to save since all my important files are saved to...
  6. Wipe Windows without recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wipe Windows without recovery: I just bought a refurbished laptop, realized after setting it up that I hate it, and I am now eager to return it - I want to wipe all of my info from it before sending it back. There is nothing on this laptop that I want to save since all my important files are saved to...
  7. Wipe Windows without recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Installation on my wiped hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation on my wiped hard disk: Hi I have a wiped hard disk and i'm getting stuck at the HP Logo or sometimes it displays a I/O error or sometimes other errors. If you read this post you will know what happened:...
  9. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes my other hard disk as well?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does resetting Windows 10 wipes my other hard disk as well?: [ATTACH] So i been trying to reset my windows 10, i chose keep all of personal files. And when i checked the list of the apps that will be remove if i reset my windows, i noticed majority of the apps listed r kept in my D: disc while my windows 10 r installed in C: disc. I...
  10. Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?: [IMG] submitted by /u/colmoriordan194 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gu4iv5/safe_to_wipe_and_merge_hard_disk_drive/