Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full.

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I clean the recovery drive? I've not had any results using Clean System Drives. I do have 24 Windows old updates that are leftovers from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samcando, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Samcando Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full.

How can I clean the recovery drive?

I've not had any results using Clean System Drives.

I do have 24 Windows old updates that are leftovers from installations.

Could that be the culprit? How long do I need to keep the older updates on the machine?

:)

Samcando, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DWindows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full. :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DWindows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full. :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Dec 27, 2019
  3. D drive Recovery

I had windows 8.1 installed on my laptop. I then upgraded to windows 10 but found that something was not going right. I decided to go to settings and clicked on update&security. I then went on Recovery and clicked on "Reset this PC". I had 2 partition which
    was D drive Recovery and one was C drive. When I began resetting windows 10, I actually remembered that I had forgotten to backup everything from D drive Recovery. And Now after resetting windows 10 to a fresh start, my "D Drive Recovery partition" is actually
    empty which means I lost everything in D drive.

Can someone help how can i get all the files which was on D drive. is there any way to get all the files back?

Hazara Hussain, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full.

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full.

1. Windows 10 Recovery Drive D is 95% full. - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive 95%

2. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Drive D is 90% full: Need to know if I move my program files to a seperate removable hard drive if this will allow space on my D drive and speed up my computer speed? My D Drive is at 10% fee and my C drive have 80% free....
  3. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Drive D is 90% full: Need to know if I move my program files to a seperate removable hard drive if this will allow space on my D drive and speed up my computer speed? My D Drive is at 10% fee and my C drive have 80% free....
  4. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. D: drive full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive full: I keep getting message RECOVERY D: full. What do I have to do to clear uninstall unwanted files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-full/f3594a9e-5b13-4a6e-8813-0b1318adadfd
  6. Full D drive

Full D drive: My D disk is almost full and I am unable to empty it. It says there are no folders to show me and the contents are "Other". However, my C drive has almost nothing in it. I am getting constant reminders that D disk is almost full....
  7. Full Recovery(D:) drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  8. Drive D is full

Drive D is full: How do I create more space in Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-d-is-full/80a57551-0dff-4b37-9112-3c468cf94f16"
  9. Recovery D drive

Recovery D drive: I have had a windows 10 for about 8 months now. It is not my main laptop and there is little stored on it. I have noticed that the RECOVERY (D:) shows 13.6 GB USED 1.06 GB FREE. This doesn't seem right. Any suggestions or explanations would be appreciated...
  10. Recovery D: ALMOST FULL

Recovery D: ALMOST FULL: Computer running VERY SLOW so I decided to do some clean up. Went into storage there to see what I could do. The RECOVER STORAGE shows really full so I decided to investigate. I know you've got to be careful in this area of the computer so I was just investigating to start...