Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Drive issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Drive issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a recovery drive in windows 10 to include a system image but keep getting cannot create drive or words to that effect. It seams... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom_g35, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Tom_g35 Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Drive issue

I'm trying to create a recovery drive in windows 10 to include a system image but keep getting cannot create drive or words to that effect.

It seams that the recovery agent is disabled which is the cause of my problem. If I try to enable the recovery agent I get Windows RE cannot be enabled on a volume with Bitlocker Drive encryption enabled.

Now I know that I can disable Bitlocker and so should be able to create the recovery drive, but my question is - If I create the recovery drive, then enable bitlocker, if I have to use the recovery drive, will having Bitlocker re-enabled cause an issue?

:)

Tom_g35, Apr 6, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recovery Drive issue - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive issue

2. Drive Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Recovery Issues: I experienced a sudden BSOD the other day and upon reboot, Windows will now no longer boot and I get stuck in an infinite boot cycle. I’ve created a temporary boot disk on a USB to get into WinRE. However, in WinRE, none of the repair options are working. It seems that in...
  3. Drive Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Recovery Issues: I experienced a sudden BSOD the other day and upon reboot, Windows will now no longer boot and I get stuck in an infinite boot cycle. I’ve created a temporary boot disk on a USB to get into WinRE. However, in WinRE, none of the repair options are working. It seems that in...
  4. Drive Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 recovery issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 recovery issues.: So I was going to give a windows 10 PC to a friend in need. I knew that I need to do a factory reset which I did, deleting all files. It ends up taking me to the user pin screen so I put my pin in but said user profile can't be found. Is there a workaround anyone might know...
  6. Windows 10 recovery issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 recovery issues.: So I was going to give a windows 10 PC to a friend in need. I knew that I need to do a factory reset which I did, deleting all files. It ends up taking me to the user pin screen so I put my pin in but said user profile can't be found. Is there a workaround anyone might know...
  7. Recovery Drive ISSUE (It's not there)

Recovery Drive ISSUE (It's not there): Greetings, I think I know what I did wrong but I don't know how to make it right. Many of you have watched this journey on my Beelink 1Ghz Mini PC and so it's your last chance to help before we put her on eBay. (lol) Okay. Some history first. 1. Had this thing for two...
  8. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Recovery Drive: I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery drive." What is the problem?...
  9. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: Windows 10, all updates. I am trying to create a recovery drive. I have opened the utility, but it is stalled - it has been saying "please wait" for more than 30 minutes. It hasn't even asked for a USB drive destination. I've tried restarting the laptop, same issue....
  10. Recovery drive issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery drive issue: So my Dell XPS13 was getting a bit slow and bogged down, so I decided to try out the recovery drive that I created a while back. Now that I think about it, I can't remember if I created the drive when the computer was still running windows 8.1 or after the upgrade to 10....