Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery drive/Windows updates not working

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery drive/Windows updates not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 HP laptop and I was having some problems with Windows updates not installing because the recovery drive was full. I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarrenBullough, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 recovery drive/Windows updates not working

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 HP laptop and I was having some problems with Windows updates not installing because the recovery drive was full. I checked the recovery drive and it showed that there were no save points apart from the most recent.

My IT guy at work suggested that I should delete the contents of the drive and it will most likely re-populate itself and fix the problem. This hasn't worked and now I get a notification every day telling me that windows updates are downloading and then another notification telling me that it hasn't worked.

What's the solution for this? how do I restore the recovery drive and fix the update problem?

Thanks,

Darren

:)

DarrenBullough, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 recovery drive/Windows updates not working

Delta6326, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery drive/Windows updates not working

1. Windows 10 recovery drive/Windows updates not working - Similar Threads - recovery drive updates

2. Windows recovery drive options don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery drive options don't work: I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery environment is currently running on. To...
  3. Windows recovery drive options don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery drive options don't work: I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery environment is currently running on. To...
  4. Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update: I noticed that after a created a recovery drive from my Windows 10 Laptop, the install.wim file located in the C:\Wndows\System32\Recovery\Sources was missing. Now I can't create another recovery drive from the same Laptop. It returns an error " We can't create a recovery...
  5. Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update

Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update: I noticed that after a created a recovery drive from my Windows 10 Laptop, the install.wim file located in the C:\Wndows\System32\Recovery\Sources was missing. Now I can't create another recovery drive from the same Laptop. It returns an error " We can't create a recovery...
  6. Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update

Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update: I noticed that after a created a recovery drive from my Windows 10 Laptop, the install.wim file located in the C:\Wndows\System32\Recovery\Sources was missing. Now I can't create another recovery drive from the same Laptop. It returns an error " We can't create a recovery...
  7. Recovery USB drive Windows 10 not working

Recovery USB drive Windows 10 not working: I am trying to reset my PC. I have lost my original recovery CD, so I made a recovery USB drive instead following the necessary steps. It is not working. My PC does not recognise it, though the USB does work. The PC has had some virus problems in the past, and that may have...
  8. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Recovery Drive: I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery drive." What is the problem?...
  9. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: About 6 months ago I was having problems with my Surface Pro 4 so wiped the drive & re-installed from an ISO that I downloaded to a USB stick. Since then, I have had various problems like short life battery, blue screens & others. I would like to have a go at re installing...
  10. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: Windows 10, all updates. I am trying to create a recovery drive. I have opened the utility, but it is stalled - it has been saying "please wait" for more than 30 minutes. It hasn't even asked for a USB drive destination. I've tried restarting the laptop, same issue....