Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery drive

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10, all updates. I am trying to create a recovery drive. I have opened the utility, but it is stalled - it has been saying "please wait" for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CalebCrawford, Sep 14, 2018.

1. CalebCrawford Win User

Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10, all updates. I am trying to create a recovery drive. I have opened the utility, but it is stalled - it has been saying "please wait" for more than 30 minutes. It hasn't even asked for a USB drive destination. I've tried restarting the laptop, same issue.

:)

CalebCrawford, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 14, 2018
  4. OldGrantonian Win User

OldGrantonian, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 recovery drive - Similar Threads - recovery drive

2. recovery drive wont open because computer cant see c: drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovery drive wont open because computer cant see c: drive: my computer screen started flickering then my computer went down. it only went to a black boot screen with disk error and said i needed to install os . well i got a windows 10 install on a usb and put itin the computer turned it on and it sent me to Windows but wouldn't sign...
  3. Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC: Unable to Create Recovery Drive: There are a lot of posts on this but I haven't found a solution that works :( Have tried 2 brand new Kingston 16gb USB sticks, but process always fails at around 75% on progress bar. I'm using option to back up system files too. (Not...
  4. win 10 recovery drive

win 10 recovery drive: the recovery drive deleted my data drive without prompting me I am saying this for the sake of clarity - that I did not choose a wrong option I created a recovery drive with the understanding that it would recover the operating system it did not recover the operating...
  5. win 10 recovery drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 recovery drive: the recovery drive deleted my data drive without prompting me I am saying this for the sake of clarity - that I did not choose a wrong option I created a recovery drive with the understanding that it would recover the operating system it did not recover the operating...
  6. Cant create recovery drive

Cant create recovery drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 5000. While creating a recovery drive, half way through I get the following error message " A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." Need Help Plz...
  7. Cannot create recovery drive

Cannot create recovery drive: I have been having problems with my PC for quite some time now and have decided to completely reinstall Windows 10. Whenever I try to create a recovery drive, I get a message saying "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." I do not have...
  8. Recovery Drive D:

Recovery Drive D:: I had not backed up my system since I purchased Windows 8. But now I have a Windows 10 upgrade. I decided I needed to back up every thing, so I purchased USB with 64 GB on it. Went to System files where you backup and put the USB in the slot of my drive and thought it was...
  9. Create recovery drive fails without any explanation. What can I do?

Create recovery drive fails without any explanation. What can I do?: W10 system, fully up to date. Mounted empty 32GB USB drive to become recovery drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-recovery-drive-fails-without-any/b8bb5e1b-6e4d-40e7-adbd-49486f1b52db
  10. Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key take 30-days to be re-issued ?: I have changed my log-in/password in my Windows 10 but when I follow https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key and follow :- In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys. I get message:-...