Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery drive

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About 6 months ago I was having problems with my Surface Pro 4 so wiped the drive & re-installed from an ISO that I downloaded to a USB stick. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tim Gosling, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 recovery drive

About 6 months ago I was having problems with my Surface Pro 4 so wiped the drive & re-installed from an ISO that I downloaded to a USB stick. Since then, I have had various problems like short life battery, blue screens & others. I would like to have a go at re installing Windows again but cant remember where the download is for the fresh copy of Windows. Could someone tell me please?

:)

Tim Gosling, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 recovery drive

OldGrantonian, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery drive

1. Windows 10 recovery drive - Similar Threads - recovery drive

2. Windows 10 fresh install is putting recovery partition in front of EFI and C:/drive partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install is putting recovery partition in front of EFI and C:/drive partitions.: Several months ago my laptop was destroyed by malware and since then I have learned a lot about upgrading and general repair with Windows based PC's. I could have just replaced the HDD but without knowing what I know now I "bricked" it by locking up the BIOS/UEFI so I could...
  3. Windows 10 Recovery New Hard Drive

Windows 10 Recovery New Hard Drive: Replaced Hard Drive / Lost Windows 10 Key Code. How can I download Windows 10 onto a USB without buying new software. I am a Office 365 subscriber. I have attempted Windows Recovery download but it will not accept without the Win10 Key Code....
  4. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

Recovery Drive near full due to "preload": I have noticed that my recovery drive is near full, 15gb and it has about 400mb left. I don't know much about computers as much as I want to so I have no clue what to do about this. All other files arent taking up space unlike "preload" 13gb of a 15gb drive. What can I do...
  5. the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the hard drive recovery has been selected. Press yes to continue: sometimes after i restarted my toshiba satellite, it is appearing during booting before the toshiba logo. I choose yes and they attemp me to choose keyboard, after i choose, they are choises ssuch as( troubleshoot, continue to windowns 10, etc...) i choose windows 10 then it...
  6. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: On Windows 10, I'm trying to set up a Bitlock Recovery Key and I accepted the Print option. On the print out I am being asked to compare the start of the identifier on the print out with the identifier on my computer to see if it matches. Where on the computer would I find...
  7. Unable to create a recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create a recovery drive.: When attempting to create a recovery drive on my windows 10 PC , I received the message that some of the required files are missing. What file are required and how can I put them on my system....
  8. Can I keep using PC online while creating Recovery Drive

Can I keep using PC online while creating Recovery Drive: I'd like to create Recovery Drive or Windows 10 Version 1903. I had created one already for Version 1809 and it took hours to create it. So I'd like to know if I can be online during the time it takes for this without in any way interfering with this process?...
  9. Failed Seagate Expansion Drive -Any Chance of Data Recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed Seagate Expansion Drive -Any Chance of Data Recovery: The portable USB Seagate Expansion drive I use to backup my laptop appears to have expired after 5 years. This is annoying since it contains the Reflect backup of the initial state of my new laptop. The blue LED on the drive lights, there is an ominous whining on connection...
  10. Is a Recovery Drive and an .iso file the same?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is a Recovery Drive and an .iso file the same?: Right after getting this computer, which came with Windows 10, I created a Recovery Drive. I forgot how I even did it, but when I plug it (the USB drive) into a USB port and read it, it shows several files and folders. This is supposed to get me back in the game if my...