Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RuthReed1, May 18, 2020.

1. RuthReed1 Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Drive

I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery drive." What is the problem?

:)

RuthReed1, May 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2020
  3. OldGrantonian, May 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Recovery Drive

1. Windows 10 Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive

2. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  3. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  4. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11: Model: HP Envy TE01-4000Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22631, Build 22631. I cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11 Home Edition. Has it been included into Home Edition? If not, can download/buy it somewhere?...
  6. cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11

cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11: Model: HP Envy TE01-4000Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22631, Build 22631. I cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11 Home Edition. Has it been included into Home Edition? If not, can download/buy it somewhere?...
  7. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  8. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  9. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  10. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....