Windows 10: windows 10 recovery is not compatible with windows version

Discus and support windows 10 recovery is not compatible with windows version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to move my windows 7, upgraded to windows 10 vm from a virtual box VM to a parallels VM and it will not boot. The error is boot device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HappyDaysAreGone, Nov 21, 2019.

1. windows 10 recovery is not compatible with windows version

I am trying to move my windows 7, upgraded to windows 10 vm from a virtual box VM to a parallels VM and it will not boot. The error is boot device is not accessible, when clearly it's there. I can boot into the install CD image that I saved from the upgrade. When I go to command prompt, the C: drive is clearly my VM image disk and D: is the install CD and X: is the virtual drive created by the installed CD boot. I tried startup repair and it remarks that the windows version found is not compatible with the recovery tool. So, I suppose that it's now "older" than that version of windows and so it's complaining about that. That makes this a pretty hideous position to be in, and it is unfortunate that such a high level compatibility declaration is keeping things from getting repaired. bcdedit shows me the correct details about booting from C:. I do not have any recovery partition in play here which could of created a disk partition to boot from, mismatch.

How do I proceed to recover my windows installation?

:)

HappyDaysAreGone, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Hood Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

4. windows 10 recovery is not compatible with windows version

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 recovery is not compatible with windows version

1. windows 10 recovery is not compatible with windows version - Similar Threads - recovery compatible version

2. Bitlocker Window version is not compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Window version is not compatible: I have 2 laptops. 1- Ideapad win 10 Home Activated 2- Thinkpad win 11 Home 22h2 22581.200 Beta Activated I removed SSD from 1st which had win10 installed and attached it to the 2nd laptop. then I removed it back to the original laptop. Then, on startup, it asked for BitLocker...
  3. Bitlocker Window version is not compatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Window version is not compatible: I have 2 laptops. 1- Ideapad win 10 Home Activated 2- Thinkpad win 11 Home 22h2 22581.200 Beta Activated I removed SSD from 1st which had win10 installed and attached it to the 2nd laptop. then I removed it back to the original laptop. Then, on startup, it asked for BitLocker...
  4. Bitlocker Window version is not compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  6. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  7. Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows: I have a current (GTX 1650) Nvidia graphics card with the 1703 Windows 10 build and I cannot install the driver. It says that the driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. What the hell is the problem?...
  8. Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10: I recently loaded the program "Paperport 14" from Nuance. I had no problem loading it but when I tried to open the program it gave me an error dialog box saying I need to change the compatibility mode to function properly. I went to the properties area for the program and if...
  9. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries etc., but when I launch it, the screen becomes black. I can't even go back to the menu, although I can hear the background...
  10. Windows 10 64 bit versions/NLE compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64 bit versions/NLE compatibility: to be able to use Avid Media Composer/First,it says I have to have Enterprise or Pro.Any of these free upgrades? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-64-bit-versionsnle-compatibility/df98b08c-18bb-4515-a982-62064ee3fc6a