Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Loop. No access to Command Prompt or any options because Administrator...

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Loop. No access to Command Prompt or any options because Administrator... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A recent Windows 10 update ruined my PC. I cannot access any of the Advanced Options like Command Prompt, Start Repair etc.. The message displayed is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichSG, Mar 14, 2020.

1. RichSG Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Loop. No access to Command Prompt or any options because Administrator...

A recent Windows 10 update ruined my PC. I cannot access any of the Advanced Options like Command Prompt, Start Repair etc.. The message displayed is "You need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there are no administrators on this PC"

I cannot go into Safe Mode, Safe Mode with CMD. I cannot access any of the tools because there is no administrator and I obviously cannot boot to windows to do anything either because I'm stuck in the Repair loop.

Any suggestions? How on earth does Windows 10 leave a computer with no Admin access??

:)

RichSG, Mar 14, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 14, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 14, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Loop. No access to Command Prompt or any options because Administrator...

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recovery Loop. No access to Command Prompt or any options because Administrator... - Similar Threads - Recovery Loop access

2. Windows 10 automatic repair loop, can’t use command prompt or any other options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 automatic repair loop, can’t use command prompt or any other options: Just what the title says. My laptop randomly started doing the automatic repair loop last night. I can’t access the command prompt or other options under troubleshoot because it says “you need to sign in as an administrator.” I tried resetting the pc as well but it always...
  3. Windows 10 automatic repair loop, can’t use command prompt or any other options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 automatic repair loop, can’t use command prompt or any other options: Just what the title says. My laptop randomly started doing the automatic repair loop last night. I can’t access the command prompt or other options under troubleshoot because it says “you need to sign in as an administrator.” I tried resetting the pc as well but it always...
  4. Windows 10 automatic repair loop, can’t use command prompt or any other options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command Prompt Access denied to Administrator in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt Access denied to Administrator in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]While accessing the Command Prompt on Windows 11/10, if you get Access is denied error, here is how you can get rid of the issue. At times, this in-built utility may be blocked by the administrator or malware or adware. If so, you can go through these steps to get the...
  6. Administrator account disabled and Command prompt missing in advanced option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account disabled and Command prompt missing in advanced option: Dear Microsoft, I'm facing a problem that is actually bad .I can't login to my administrator account cuz it's disabled + Command Prompt missing in Advanced Option... Please reply...
  7. Stuck in command prompt loop of advanced recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in command prompt loop of advanced recovery: Hello All, I tried to boot in safe mode. At login screen 1. Power -> Shift+restart 2. Troubleshoot 3. Advanced options 4. here i was supposed to select STARTUP SETTINGS, but i selected COMMAND PROMPT by mistake. Now it is asking for an admin account password ad...
  8. Automatic Recovery Loop - Only Command Prompt available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Recovery Loop - Only Command Prompt available: Help. Norton update triggered blue automatic recovery loop. BitLocker key was set up. C: drive is locked and all I have access to is the command prompt with errors when trying to access C: drive. Any hope of recovery outside of a full wipe of system? Surface Pro running...
  9. Command Prompt Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  10. Command Prompt as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt as Administrator.: How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415