Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery machine previously upgraded from Win10 Home to Win10Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery machine previously upgraded from Win10 Home to Win10Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Windows upgrade process in Settings. I paid $99 for the upgrade. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by THI Mary, Jun 12, 2020.

1. THI Mary Win User

Windows 10 recovery machine previously upgraded from Win10 Home to Win10Pro

I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Windows upgrade process in Settings. I paid $99 for the upgrade. I got a receipt in e-mail, and I can see the purchase in my Microsoft account.

However, I cannot see what my Product Key is in my Microsoft Services and Subscriptions. If I re-install Windows 10 after a catastrophic failure, what is the Product Key I need to use to activate/legitimize Windows?

:)

THI Mary, Jun 12, 2020
  2. erixx Win User

Windows 10 Club

I am building a dual boot with win10pro and win10 home. one for work and one for games.
    Step by step win10 RTM got worse, no idea why. Also my X99 board was not working well, too much warm reboot locks. Updating to November upgrade was a loop-hell, just like going from 8.1 to 10, i must be damned by nighly witches.... so I decided to reinstall from scratch.
    Horrors:
    1. The Media Creation Tool downloaded ... W10 pre-november, so again another step needed
    2. During install NO USB keyboard or mice worked, be it usb2 or 3 ports. tested with all kb's inhouse. none worked. As this never happende before I tried removing bios battery, and adding a old usb2 port... it worked! (hopefully now my OC will also be much better, lol)
    3. After win8 created 2 partitions on the left: Recover and Efi, win 10 created another on the right of the system partition.
    Is there a way to know if anything at all is inside these recovery partitions? Recovery never worked for me... I'd like to erase, leave only EFI...

erixx, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Silvalen Win User
    Clean install of Win10Pro on machine previously running Win10Home

Vijay,

Unfortunately, that doesn't answer my question. My situation is slightly different - I had a Win10Home installation and purchased a new Win10Pro OEM key (not an upgrade). I would like to use that key to install Windows 10 Pro on the same machine by doing
    a fresh install - this is NOT an upgrade, and my understanding is that the key I purchased cannot be used for upgrading. So I need to know if I wipe out my current install of Win10Home and do a new, clean install with the Win10Pro key I purchased, will it
    work correctly?

Thanks!

Silvalen, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 recovery machine previously upgraded from Win10 Home to Win10Pro

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery machine previously upgraded from Win10 Home to Win10Pro

1. Windows 10 recovery machine previously upgraded from Win10 Home to Win10Pro - Similar Threads - recovery machine previously

2. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...: First off, it seems insane to me that MS has done away with human interaction other than free crowd-sourced support, but anyway...A client I am assisting has purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade on a machine that had Win10 Home installed. Began the installation, which promptly...
  3. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  4. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  5. Change from Win10 Home Chinese version to Win10Pro English

Change from Win10 Home Chinese version to Win10Pro English: Hi, Due to COVID travel restrictions I am currently trapped in mainland China while my current PC laptop is fading fast. I can buy a new laptop here, but it will come with a Chinese language version of Windows 10 family/home installed. How difficult would it be for me to...
  6. Problem sharing Wifi from Host Win10Pro machine through ethernet to Client Win10Pro machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem sharing Wifi from Host Win10Pro machine through ethernet to Client Win10Pro machine: Hi, I'm working from home on my home system and I recently brought a new WorkPC home. I've connected my WorkPC Client to my home PC Host with a Cat6 cable. I did this for two reasons. 1st so that I could continue to access both computers with the same peripherals,...
  7. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro: Hey guys, I am considering to upgrade my Home to Pro version, due the lack of RDP feature on Home edition, which is now in this work-from-home times quite necessary. However, I cannot find the price for the upgrade. I follow the articles online: Settings -> Updates and...
  8. win10pro upgrade

win10pro upgrade: I purchased .Windows 10pro Upgrade from Win home to Windows 10 pro . It Sowing "We don't update your PC Error code 0X0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro-upgrade/6fffd38d-7bca-48ee-a259-06ef49081498
  9. Clean install of Win10Pro on machine previously running Win10Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install of Win10Pro on machine previously running Win10Home: Hi, I recently purchased a Win10 Professional OEM key and would like to simply do a clean installation on my current machine which is currently running a copy of Win10 Home. I initially thought I could just use the key and upgrade through the Activation interface, but that...
  10. Cost of Upgrade from XP to Win10Pro

Cost of Upgrade from XP to Win10Pro: I am considering buying a new-used system that still has the original XP on it, probably not Pro. I want to install Win10Pro on it from ISO. AFAIK, there is no free upgrade from XP, so does anybody know how much a Pro license costs? The installation will prompt me...