Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Partition

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to reset my Asus VivoBook 2018 model I get the message Insert your installation or recovery media and restart your pc before it used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoyOrbison1, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Recovery Partition

When I try to reset my Asus VivoBook 2018 model I get the message

Insert your installation or recovery media and restart your pc before it used to just restart and recover the system

:)

RoyOrbison1, Mar 5, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Windows 10 Recovery Partition partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 5, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Partition

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Windows 10 Recovery Partition :)

RyoTakagi, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Recovery Partition

1. Windows 10 Recovery Partition - Similar Threads - Recovery Partition

2. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  3. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  4. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  6. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  7. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

8. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  9. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  10. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?