Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery, Reset.

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery, Reset. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I suspect I have Malware on my Laptop. I've tryed everything. The Recovery & or Reset option does not work. the Reset, in both Save personal files and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Seahunt40, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Seahunt40 Win User

Windows 10 Recovery, Reset.

I suspect I have Malware on my Laptop. I've tryed everything. The Recovery & or Reset option does not work. the Reset, in both Save personal files and Delete personal files option will run in its course, then after terminating with a reboot, shows a window that it didn't work and no files were changed. It boots right back up into the exact same configuration I started with. Very Frustrating.

Another questions; If nothing works how can I simply Reformat the drive and start over ? Using both DOS options (User/Admin) doesn't seem to perform that function because an APP is keeping the Drive locked. I have a Win 10 disk. It should be easy to reformat and reload the entire OS.

:)

Seahunt40, Sep 5, 2018

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Recovery, Reset.

Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Recovery, Reset.

1. Windows 10 Recovery, Reset. - Similar Threads - Recovery Reset

2. how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?: I have a Gateway laptop windows 11 Intel i5 core and i turned it on and its stuck on the bitlocker recovery key screen with error message that secure boot policy changed unexpectedly. i have tried finding my recovery key and it is not saved to my microsoft account and im...
  3. how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset windows 11 when it is stuck in bitlocker recovery?: I have a Gateway laptop windows 11 Intel i5 core and i turned it on and its stuck on the bitlocker recovery key screen with error message that secure boot policy changed unexpectedly. i have tried finding my recovery key and it is not saved to my microsoft account and im...
  4. How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?: I already went to the settings and the blue screen and there was no option to reset. I was able to do it before I believe on the windows 10 but im on 11 now....
  5. How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?

How to reset pc without the installation or recovery media?: I already went to the settings and the blue screen and there was no option to reset. I was able to do it before I believe on the windows 10 but im on 11 now....
  6. hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...: hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading installation media, ISO file like Windows 11 from Microsoft's official website?In which case should I choose Reset PC and in which case should I choose option to download the installation...
  7. hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...

hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...: hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading installation media, ISO file like Windows 11 from Microsoft's official website?In which case should I choose Reset PC and in which case should I choose option to download the installation...
  8. I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc: I have an ROG Ally, which crashed on me while I was downloading a simple game, and it took me to pc automatic repair saying it couldn't fix the issue. Then it asked for my bitlocker key, which I have NEVER heard of before this point. So in trying everything humanly possible,...
  9. I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc

I found my recovery key, but now bit locker won't let me reset my pc: I have an ROG Ally, which crashed on me while I was downloading a simple game, and it took me to pc automatic repair saying it couldn't fix the issue. Then it asked for my bitlocker key, which I have NEVER heard of before this point. So in trying everything humanly possible,...
  10. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...