Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery screen is not allowing me to select any options

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery screen is not allowing me to select any options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been experiencing a problem with the PC booting to Windows 10. Mouse pointer and spinning circle on a blank screen. I came across another post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HiteshR, Jul 29, 2019.

1. HiteshR Win User

Windows 10 Recovery screen is not allowing me to select any options

I have been experiencing a problem with the PC booting to Windows 10. Mouse pointer and spinning circle on a blank screen. I came across another post and a number of solutions - one was to get the PC to enter Recovery mode by restarting three times.

I have done this and get the Recover screen but I cannot select the options displayed. I have no mouse and the keyboard keys do not work - cannot tab, cannot hit Enter or Return, etc

NB: I have a wireless keyboard and mouse - but there is no USB dongle. This must be internal - Dell XPS One

:)

HiteshR, Jul 29, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 recovery options ?.

When the password is wrong and the pin number is wrong is there a way recover the data or even the OS ?.

The extra added issue to this is that the systems running UEFI so no inputs working on boot, so how do you get in to the recovery options.

Could it be as simple as plugging in a USB drive with windows 10 on it and hoping it boots up off it ?. It's the only option not tried as yet as the owner of the system as just got out of hospital wanted to try passwords and pins which seemed to fail every time even though he\she is pretty sure are right.

I am thinking that's the way to go is there any other ways to gain access other than taking the drive out of the system. Data on the system is important too.

AsRock, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recovery screen is not allowing me to select any options - Similar Threads - Recovery screen allowing

2. Issue with Windows RE not allowing any troubleshoot options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows RE not allowing any troubleshoot options: Hi there!Earlier this week, I turned my monitors on and tried to wake my computer from sleep, only to have a black screen. In a hurry, I quickly restarted my PC and ran into an issue that has caused me quite a headache. I encounter a BSOD with error code:...
  3. Windows Won't allow me to create a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't allow me to create a recovery drive: Hi,I am trying to migrate my boot drive to a new one, I tried cloning software with little success. My next plan was to use recovery drve. But, when I do that I get an error that says "Some required Files are missing".Does anyone have a solution to this/ one to move storage,...
  4. Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10

Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10: My HP laptop windows 10 screen goes black after I select any of two available options in Windows Boot Manager of press F8 for advanced options, again the screen goes black. How do I fix this issue.[IMG]...
  5. Blue Screen after update and system will not allow recovery, any answer?

Blue Screen after update and system will not allow recovery, any answer?: After update, system is on blue screen and will not allow recovery, any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-update-and-system-will-not-allow/ca5ab277-7da6-4a52-93ef-3e7d3d1213f8
  6. Windows not allowing me to select Dolby Atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not allowing me to select Dolby Atmos: Hi, When I select Dolby Atmos for home theater in the Spatial Sound format window of my Denon AVR device properties it defaults back to "Off", ie. I can't select it. It previously worked without issue. Please help....
  7. My screen resolution is 1920x1080 but windows isnt allowing me to select that option

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen resolution is 1920x1080 but windows isnt allowing me to select that option: A couple of days ago I updated my drivers and ever since then I haven't been able to get my resolution back to normal can anyone help me with this...
  8. Select Account Recovery Option

Select Account Recovery Option: Hi, i've been trying to reset my gaming laptop for a while now but nothing has worked and ive finally been hit with a screen that says 'Select Account, you need to sign in as a administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator account on this PC.' On the bottom of...
  9. Windows 10 Media creation tool will not allow me to select a USB

Windows 10 Media creation tool will not allow me to select a USB: I am trying to use the MCT to make a bootable install USB for my new PC. I go through all the steps as I have done many times (I've created a ton of install USB using this tool) and never get the option to select the USB. Instead I keep getting this screen:...
  10. Windows 10: Cortana setup will not allow me to select Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Cortana setup will not allow me to select Location: Loaded a free copy of Windows 10 a few days ago onto my old Dell insprion 1720 running Win7. All ok apart from setting up Cortana. Will not allow her to select my location. I am UK running English(UK) and UK Keyboard. When clicking on Cortana button only shows Search, Home,...