Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm in the process of recovering my MS Surface Laptop 3. Don't have the myrecoverykey. Created a Restore USB drive from Windows 10 on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Praveen Mareddi, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen

Hi,

I'm in the process of recovering my MS Surface Laptop 3. Don't have the myrecoverykey. Created a Restore USB drive from Windows 10 on another laptop. Downloaded the recovery image SurfaceLaptop3_BMR_12_6.106.0 from MS web site. Copied all the files from recovery image to the Restore USB drive created from another laptop and performed the recovery process. The recovery was completed and laptop restarted. After restart, it went to the "Basics" Let's start with region. Is this right? screen and is stuck. Did a lot of research but couldn't find a solution for this issue.

Can someone please help me in fixing this issue?

Thanks,

Praveen Mareddi

:)

Praveen Mareddi, Apr 3, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 3, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen

Windows 10, Stuck at Time & Date screen.

Hi Andrew,

In that case, we suggest repairing your computer via startup repair. To do so, you will need a Windows 10 recovery media or installation drive/disc and follow these steps.

• Boot from your Windows 10 installation drive/disc.
    • On the Windows setup screen, select your language preferences and click
      Next.
    • Select Repair your computer.

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Justine Pel, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen

1. Windows 10 Recovery stuck at the Basics Region Selection Screen - Similar Threads - Recovery stuck Basics

2. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen: So this all started when I wanted to factory reset my computer, I did it and it was working fine but I got a TPM message thing and it told me if I wanted to erase or not, or something like that.anyway I say erase and now its telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key1- I...
  3. Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.: Pre install of windows 10 “copying files, installing files, installing updates, finishing up”Works perfectly fine without any lag, crashes, or hanging. But once i get into the actual setup of the OS, every time i move my mouse, and or click enter on my keyboard, it hangs,...
  4. Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.: Pre install of windows 10 “copying files, installing files, installing updates, finishing up”Works perfectly fine without any lag, crashes, or hanging. But once i get into the actual setup of the OS, every time i move my mouse, and or click enter on my keyboard, it hangs,...
  5. Windows 10 install freezing and hanging at “select region” part.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 Cloud Recovery Stuck in Black Screen

Windows 10 Cloud Recovery Stuck in Black Screen: Earlier today I was trying to do some online gaming on my PC but my game crashed and sent out to the blue Recovery Screen and restarted my PC. Two more tries and two crashes later, I tried a few things including updating drivers, uninstalling a keyboard driver I had just...
  7. Windows stuck on a recovery screen loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on a recovery screen loop: My acer laptop suddenly won't boot correctly, keeps booting up to a recovery screen and when I try to fresh install windows from USB I get "could not set offline locale information" I'm stuck, idk what to do. submitted by /u/redxmoonx [link] [comments]...
  8. New Windows setup rebooting at region selection

New Windows setup rebooting at region selection: Hello, I just build with/for my daughter a new computer though there are some issues we are running into. The computer powers up normally. In BIOS, everything looks fine, memory is recognized, CPU is fine, HD detected.... We were able to install windows on the only M2 HD...
  9. Windows stuck with recovery screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck with recovery screen: So recently my mum tried to turn on her laptop (a Dell Latitude E7440) and it wouldn't work, just went to the automatic repair screen. After watching a I watched few youtube videos and trying a couple of things, it now goes to the recovery page instead.It says: Recovery...
  10. Windows 10 update not working , stuck on keyboard selection screen

Windows 10 update not working , stuck on keyboard selection screen: Hello Windows update had some issues downloading win10 {Code C1900101}, so I went to the media create tool and did the upgrade there. Everything went fine until the computer booted up and it proceeded to keyboard selection screen. There it froze,wasnt able to do anything.{If...