Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sirs, I have an old pc and Bios ( non UEFI) . i formatted NTFS the 8GB usb flash drive, then found the Recovery drive creator by opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by akaynot, Jun 30, 2019.

1. akaynot Win User

Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?

Sirs,

I have an old pc and Bios ( non UEFI) .

i formatted NTFS the 8GB usb flash drive,

then found the Recovery drive creator by opening Control Panel (Windows key + X)

Open Recovery

Click Create Recovery drive , flash usb drive inserted , box labeled "Back up system files to the recovery drive" checked, then i clicked next to start process of creating recovery drive. When creation was completed ,i checked content of the created Flash recovery drive and was formatted FAT32. I am confused, i thought that ,for my PC with an old Bios, recovery drive should have been formatted NTFS ( as my inizial format with empty usb flash drive) not FAT32( changed to fat 32 during recovery creation) . Can someone tell me if Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive will work with FAT32 or do i need to reconvert it in NTFS ?

thank you for your help.

Antonio

:)

akaynot, Jun 30, 2019
  2. WizardWN Win User

Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

Hello,

I don't think you have to worry about FAT32 or NTFS. If you insert a USB flash drive and create a recovery drive, Windows 10 should format the USB flash drive for what you needed. Windows 10 should format automatic.

WizardWN, Jun 30, 2019
  3. ((John)) Win User
    Flash Drive format for creating a Recovery Drive?

Just created a Flash USB Recovery Drive which looks OK. The Dell instructions said to format the flash drive to NTFS format yet further reading on Microsoft sites say to use FAT32 format when creating the drive.

On checking the contents of the newly created Flash Recovery Drive it is FAT32 format. I'm confused as to why Dell tells me to format to NTFS and the final drive is FAT32. Can anyone throw light on this please? I'm concerned the drive may not work if I need
    to use it. Thank you.

((John)), Jun 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?

USB media formatting recquirerments, FAT32 or NTFS?

The installer itself will create and format it to NTFS. But you can still format it to FAT32. If you are using a 4GB USB flash drive the installer will automatically format it to FAT32 and if you're using bigger storage most probably it will automatically
    format to NTFS.

Feel free to post back if you have any other concern.

Robelene Win, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS?

1. Windows 10 recovery usb flash drive , formatted fat32 or NTFS? - Similar Threads - recovery usb flash

2. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  3. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  4. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to format usb flash drive for FAT32 on windows 7 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format usb flash drive for FAT32 on windows 7 pc?: how to format usb flash drive for FAT32 on windows 7 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-usb-flash-drive-for-fat32-on-windows/a8c02478-e365-413d-af16-24989a1f248c
  6. Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!

Unable to format USB Flash Drive as NTFS!: Hi, I had a 5GB file which I wanted to copy in my flash drive. But my drive was formatted in FAT32 system, so I tried to format it as NTFS. But from then it shows that Windows was unable to complete the format. I tried formatting using different computers and even...
  7. Which file format FAT32 or NTFS for USB 32B GB drive

Which file format FAT32 or NTFS for USB 32B GB drive: Hi, I have a BUFFALO USB3.0 compatible USB memory standard 32GB black RUF3-C32GA-BK which I bought to be used in making boot drive but I could not make it, therefore thinking to re-format and use for saving data most probably images/videos on my Windows 10 laptop. For...
  8. USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32

USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32: Hello everyone I have been having this issue for about a day now, I'am trying to format my Kingston Traveler USB drive to NTFS, but in a few seconds windows will report that (Windows was unable to complete the formatting) What is this issue? Why can't I reformat it to NTFS?...
  9. 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?: Hi there, about 'Create Recovery Drive' after clean install from win7, my main concern lies in the formatting of NTSF files instead of Fat32 -was required for my pc notebook at the time of create recovery drive! otherwise it would always respond 'unable to create recovery...
  10. Is it safe to convert USB Drive format from FAT32 to NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to convert USB Drive format from FAT32 to NTFS: Is it safe to convert USB Drive format from FAT32 to NTFS. Hi tried to transfer a 4.33 GB File to USB Stick,14.5 GB Free Space, message popped up . File To Large - ....... Is Too Large For This For The Destination File System. will It still play ok on my built in Tv Media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb drive format fat32 or ntfs

2. windows recovery ntfs fat32

3. recovery disk should be ntfs or fat32

4. will a ntfs formatted usb work to update bios,
  5. jump drive flash drive formatting fat32 or ntfs,
  6. windows 10 recovery drive fat32 or ntfs,
  7. win 10 recovery disc ntfs or fat,
  8. windows 10 system restore usb not ntfs formatted,
  9. win 10 rescue disk fat 32 or ntfs,
  10. ntfs of fat32 for window installation,
  11. cannot convert pen drive from fat32 to ntfs,