Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery USB - which size??? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I tried to not use Windows 10 for as long as possible but now had to buy a new laptop with Windows 10. On all previous desk- and laptops I used Acronis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Amazone, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Amazone Win User

Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

I tried to not use Windows 10 for as long as possible but now had to buy a new laptop with Windows 10.
    On all previous desk- and laptops I used Acronis to make disc images. This has saved me very often.
    I installed latest Acronis on this laptop too.
    Acronis is set so that it is possible to start Acronis before Windows.

I had an issue last week where Windows would not start. It tried to repair itself but that wouldn't work either.
    I was able to start my Acronis but it got stuck.
    Luckily I had made an Acronis recovery USB and this got everything working again (by returning to previous image).

I decided to better be safe than sorry and decided to make a Windows recovery USB too.
    The USB is 16GB.
    Windows started making the recovery USB. It took more than an hour (Acronis does this job in some 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!). And then at the end I got the message that the recovery USB could not be made.
    Nothing else!!!!!
    On the USB is only a little free space left. This makes me think that I need more than 16GB because I have installed a lot of other programs.

Isn't Windows capable of checking if the free space is big enough before working for an hour????
    Can't Windows explain why it isn't working????

:)

Amazone, Jan 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

size of USB to create a windows 10 recovery drive

Did anybody find out for sure what size USB do you need to create a Windows 10 USB recovery drive?

jeanie6944, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

1. Windows 10 recovery USB - which size??? - Similar Threads - recovery USB size

2. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  3. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  4. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 recovery usb drive

windows 10 recovery usb drive: I have a dell 5290 2in 1 laptop, it showed a error message of 0xc000000f * I Downloaded windows 10 from a different computer to a USB stick * i then put the usb into the dell computer it went into recovery mode for about 20 minutes then said there was a probelm and no...
  6. Windows 10 recovery drive size

Windows 10 recovery drive size: Hi, I tried to create a recovery drive through the Windows recovery tool. I used a 16 GB flash drive. After almost 8 hours of recovery process, I got a message that the recovery process has failed and when I checked the flash drive, it was full. So I want to know whether the...
  7. Recovery USB windows 10

Recovery USB windows 10: Where do i get windows 10 software for usb recovery? Surface crashed, won't log in or connect to WiFi. I have code for bitlocker. Hope to erase surface and factory reset. Is this possible?...
  8. Windows 10 password recovery USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 password recovery USB: Hi I am new to this site, This is my first post. My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. After the computer did the 1903 update for windows (actually I had no choice, I have updates set to auto) I started having trouble signing in. I want to make a password...
  9. Windows 10 recovery usb

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 recovery usb: Would a Windows 10 Pro recovery usb also work on Windows 10 Home edition....? 68983
  10. windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB: Have a virus on computer which have not been able to get rid of and want to do a complete restore of the windows system. Can I use the windows 8.1 recovery usb to start the restore and then do a reinstallation of the windows 10 upgrade. I did make a windows 10 recovery usb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what size usb stick for windows 10 recovery

2. size of win 10 recovery usb

3. win 10 usb recovery usb - how big?

4. what would be the windows 10 recovery size,
  5. windows 10 recovery usb size,
  6. win 10 usb recovery stick size,
  7. windows recovery tool with usb smaller than 16gb