Windows 10: windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB

Discus and support windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have a virus on computer which have not been able to get rid of and want to do a complete restore of the windows system. Can I use the windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gerald Teske, Jun 15, 2017.

1. windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB

Have a virus on computer which have not been able to get rid of and want to do a complete restore of the windows system. Can I use the windows 8.1 recovery usb to start the restore and then do a reinstallation of the windows 10 upgrade. I did make a windows 10 recovery usb but don't know if that virus would remain with the windows 10 usb.

:)

Gerald Teske, Jun 15, 2017

2. How do i copy the Recovery partition of Windows 8.1 to the USB drive in Windows 10?

My laptop came with Windows 8.1 and of course the recovery partition is Windows 8.1. Recently i upgrade to Windows 10 and i want to copy the Recovery partition to USB drive, so i go "Create a recovery drive" but there is no "Copy the recovery partition
    from the PC to the recovery drive" check box, it is "Backup system files to the recovery drive". Maybe Windows 10 doesn't recognize the recovery partition of Windows 8.1 and create a new recovery for Windows 10.

So how do i copy the Recovery partition of Windows 8.1 to the USB drive?

Cloudjumper265, Jun 15, 2017
  3. if windows 10 installation fails, can I go back to Windows 8.1 with USB Recovery Drive? or do i have use "installation media" , activation

Hi, I was wondering, I have a made a Recovery USB of my Windows 8.1. When I upgrade to Windows 10 and if something fails during installation and I get "Operating System Missing"

Say I put windows 10 on and windows 8.1 is completely gone... I can use the recovery usb to get it 8.1 back and installed or would i need to use Installation Media?

Can I use my recovery USB to go back to WIndows 8.1?

I have been told by a support engineer on this forum that I can use Installation Media, I have a USB Recovery drive made already.... does that do the same thing?. would I have to activate windows 8.1 again if i use a recovery drive

NickCanuck_1993, Jun 15, 2017
  4. windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB

Hi Gerald.

Is your data safe? Backed up off device.

If so you can do a clean install right from the current version of Windows 10. I would delete all partitions just to ensure the little nasty's residual is disposed of. You will need a 8GB USB key. Windows will reactivate on your machine assuming no hardware changes. You will be installing the Creator Update assuming you use the media cretion tool from Microsoft.

Mind the tips in the tutorial. Shut off Secure boot and Fast Boot in BIOS if you have.

Clean Install Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB

1. windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB - Similar Threads - recovery using recovery

2. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  3. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  4. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows recovery is stuck at 1%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows recovery is stuck at 1%: I started the recovery to clean the drives and it went from "preparing" to restoring at 1% and haven't moved (the dots animation is stuck as well). Any suggestions? submitted by /u/heitorvb [link] [comments]...
  6. Recovery USB windows 10

Recovery USB windows 10: Where do i get windows 10 software for usb recovery? Surface crashed, won't log in or connect to WiFi. I have code for bitlocker. Hope to erase surface and factory reset. Is this possible?...
  7. Can't use Windows 10 recovery USB drive

Can't use Windows 10 recovery USB drive: My HP laptop with Windows 10 Home wouldn't boot into windows or repair itself or do a system restore. The only thing it would do is let me create a recovery USB to restore my files, settings, etc. So, I chose that option from the boot menu and it supposedly successfully...
  8. System Recovery 8 to 10

System Recovery 8 to 10: Doing a system recovery on an Acer laptop that came with 8 but was upgraded to 10. Needed recovery media from Acer. Would you believe 6 CDs? I believe the recovery will reinstall W-8 Can I do an upgrade back to 10 as long as I have the embedded product key? Pete 123782
  9. Windows 10 recovery usb

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 recovery usb: Would a Windows 10 Pro recovery usb also work on Windows 10 Home edition....? 68983
  10. Windows 8 or Windows 10 is in the recovery drive

Windows 8 or Windows 10 is in the recovery drive: My desktop has Windows 8 pre-installed, it is upgraded to 8.1 and then 10. The pc has a Windows 8 recovery partition hidden. If I make a recovery drive using the method as shown in the picture, the version of Windows in the recovery drive is 8 or 10? [img] 20202