Windows 10: Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often

Discus and support Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had problems deleting files and I found this tool. It fixes corrupted files and folders in Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaXve, Jul 19, 2020.

1. GaXve Win User

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often

I had problems deleting files and I found this tool. It fixes corrupted files and folders in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e-and-repair-windows-file-and-folder-problems

File: winfilefolder.DiagCab

This tool told me that I had a corrupt Recycle Bin, and fixed it.

I keep getting a corrupt Recycle Bin, and keep having to run this tool winfilefolder.DiagCab. What might be causing the corruption? Any main themes? Could deleting files with a program, other than Explorer, be the cause?

:)

GaXve, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

Recycle Bin is corrupting often

We appreciate the information that you’ve provided. Let’s try to delete first all permissions and corrupted Recycle bin. Follow these steps:

• Open a File Explorer.
    • Click View and check the Hidden items check box.
    • Click Options, then select Change folder and search options.

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often 43c23f7b-5785-475b-adc8-8032eb0a618c.png
    • Click the View tab.
    • From the Advanced settings section, make sure to uncheck
      the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) option.
    • Click OK.

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often 919def0c-7668-4861-baed-7d3f01a72d60.png
    • As soon as the hidden files will appear, delete all of the folders except the file named
      Recycle Bin and then close the window.

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often c2f81108-be90-4a7e-8fa8-e135d121d087.png

Next, reinstall Recycle bin, here are the instructions:

• Right-click on your Desktop > Select Personalize.

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often 15a1e3ba-d35c-41d6-95c1-02ea2301a79f.png
    • Click Themes, then select Desktop Icon settings.

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often 41f1f682-8b6e-4460-abcf-25cd7c339e33.png
    • Check Recycle bin, then click Apply.

Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often f06cc886-d1b2-4225-a075-18e3180e6bfe.png

Lastly, we suggest that you run again the command to fix the corrupted Recycle bin after the above steps.

• Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and press Enter.
    • Restart your computer and see if you’ll be able to access Recycle bin again.

We're just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Recycle Bin is corrupting often

Hi,

There are time that Recycle bin may be corrupted due to conflicts with some applications. Now, to learn more about your concern, we’d like to know the following:

• Can you provide us the exact error message that you’ve encountered? Please send us
      screenshot.
    • Were there any changes or updates that were made prior to the issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 that’s installed on your computer? You may type
      winver in the Search box from Start
      to get this information.
    • When you’ve mentioned that it was corrupted, does that mean you’re unable to access Recycle bin?

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recycle Bin becomes corrupt often - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin becomes

2. Recycle bin is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin is corrupted.: Background-We were using folder redirection to a Users share on a server. We are also using Offline files In prep to migrate the users data to Onedrive, we turned off folder redirection, redirected back to the C:\ drive and are now redirecting known folders to OneDrive. A few...
  3. Recycle bin is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin is corrupted.: Background-We were using folder redirection to a Users share on a server. We are also using Offline files In prep to migrate the users data to Onedrive, we turned off folder redirection, redirected back to the C:\ drive and are now redirecting known folders to OneDrive. A few...
  4. Corrupted Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Recycle Bin: Hello, it is me, again, so From some reason, somehow, my Recycle Bin on my Hard Disk D:\ drive got corrupted, and when I start my pc, try to open recycle bin, or delete any file, I get a message which says: the recycle bin on D:\ is corrupted do you want to empty Recycle Bin...
  5. Recycle bin corrupted

Recycle bin corrupted: Hello,I got an error message that my recycle bin on my D drive is corrupted.i tried to use cmd to delete the recycle bin folder but it says "the system cannot find the path specified." I also tried sfc /scannow but it didnt find anything....
  6. Recycle bin is corrupted

Recycle bin is corrupted: When I turn on my laptop it goes to a blue screen with the date and time. When I push “enter” it gives me the message:“Recycle bin is corrupted. Do you want to empty…? But I can’t click “yes” or “no” nothing happens. After 15 seconds or so it goes back to the blue screen. I...
  7. Recycle bin corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin corrupted: Hello I recently upgraded to an SSD and in the process of doing so I accidentally disabled my old hard drive in the BIOS. I was able to figure out the permissions and stuff to allow me access again but I got a few error messages saying that certain folders/files couldn't be...
  8. corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupted recycle bin: response to rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin is access denied. How do I delete recycle bin to fix corrupt problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-recycle/4388b107-bb28-413d-8578-6defd768932b
  9. Recycle Bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recycle Bin is corrupted: Hello! I am getting this message when I am trying to open a file on my F: drive. Almost every time. I am always using Yes, but it appears again. The message is not displayed when my F drive is disconnected. How can I fix this? Please advice. BR/ SivrosJ...
  10. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin is corrupted: I tried the method of rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd prompt but this is what happens: C:\WINDOWS\system32>rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.binC:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~1\$R932BU1\3DMGAM~1.CRA\2016年全 部热门单机游戏及汉化下载.url - Access is denied....