Windows 10: Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update

Discus and support Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For the past couple of months, various leaks have pointed to Microsoft officially naming its upcoming Windows 10 "Redstone 4" release "Spring Creators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update

Brink, Mar 7, 2018

2. Well that will be a confusing name for many! *Smile

Thanks for the update!

:)

slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    spring creators update 1803 version

Unless I have it very wrong... (but it's worked this way before ).

Check the link below on April 10, or in following days if the name has not yet changed on April 10 from Fall Creators update

to Spring Creators update, or something else other than Fall Creators update.

(I don't know why MS Don't put the new number on the site when they release new version updates ? )

The Update assistant is a good option if you are prepared to do the update at the time.

Download Windows 10

If you have not already read the new 'features' that will be in the 1803 update you will find them in the article below.

whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update

BossDweeb, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update

17025.1000: How can I reinstall Windows Media Player?

Version 1709 is actually build 16299.192 (as of this writing). Build 17025 is an older build of Windows 10 Redstone 4 currently in development with final release expected in March or April of 2018.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 7, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Yep, the Version number [1803] is increasingly becoming important followed by the Build number. Should have been anyways.

Berton, Mar 7, 2018
  6. The AU then The CU Then the infamous FCU and now The SCU what about the Fall of 2018? The FCU2?*really

Josey Wales, Mar 7, 2018
  7. I fully agree! Rename Windows to just Windows and keep track of versions with just the 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, 1909...etc...
    For more detailed information the Build and Revision numbers would be enough. It's all in Winver app dialog.

Simple and easy to remember!

slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  8. Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update

*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto

Josey Wales, Mar 7, 2018
  9. I think it will be more in the direction of Fall AI Update (because MS is adding more AI and Machine learning support) or Fall Virtual Reality Update or similar since VR is still in child's shoes and needs a lot of improvements in future versions. *Smile

slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  10. Good choice! Up north, spring is always for the better.

Good for the brain, the memory, slows down the aging process and delays Alzheimer disease.

MikeMecanic, Mar 7, 2018
  11. Steve C Win User
    I support hemisphere equality and recommend this name for the forthcoming update:

SNAFU = Spring Northern & Austral Fall Update

In fact you could use the same name for many MS updates!

Steve C, Mar 8, 2018
  12. Faith Win User
    Looking forward to "The End of the Creators Updates Part II". Creators update is not creative anymore.

Faith, Mar 8, 2018
  13. Edwin New Member

Time for fresh wallpapers to start rolling out! *Smile

Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 8, 2018
  14. Cr00zng Win User
    Most people don't know about "winver" and these are the people who seldom, if ever use command line. For them, it's Windows 10 and that's all they care/know about. Beta testers and techy people are not most people...

For example the numbering schema, like this one:

Where the version number changes semi-annually and the build number on a monthly basis. *sarc

It's not something that easy to remember for an average person, or even for an average techy...

Cr00zng, Mar 8, 2018
  15. Cr00zng Win User
    With all of the AI/ML coming with the Spring update, maybe the image should be animated and have a remote controlled lawnmower cut the grass on occasions. Like at the time updates applied to Windows...*Thumbs*Roflmao2

Cr00zng, Mar 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update - Similar Threads - 'Redstone official name

2. Windows 10 April Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April Update: Hello, I just want to know about the windows 10 April 2019 Update. Its date and how to check compatibility of my PC for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-april-update/8ca37a05-80c8-4fcc-8604-a844e008e329
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 Update is the official name of Microsoft's nex

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update is the official name of Microsoft's nex: Microsoft today announced that the name of its next Windows 10 feature update will be the "October 2018 Update," following the format set earlier this year with the April 2018 Update. It appears Microsoft isn't trying to name updates after themes anymore, which is great news...
  4. Windows 10 April update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 April update: I have just updated my Windows 10 Home edition with the latest April update hoping as per say that some apps will get updated but it seemed not happening. The Paint 3D is still the same as before without 3D Remix feature which I desperately needed. Even my calculator when I...
  5. Report: Windows 10 Redstone 5 may be named ‘October 2018 Update’

in Windows 10 News
    Report: Windows 10 Redstone 5 may be named ‘October 2018 Update’: Currently known to the world as Windows 10 Redstone 5 (its internal codename), the public name of next Windows 10 release could be October 2018 Update. Today, the infamous leaker WalkingCat has found a new possible name. It appears that in latest Windows 10 preview build,...
  6. Windows 10 April update

Windows 10 April update: My laptop is running older version of windows anniversary update..i have daily 3gb high speed can i able to buy windows 10 April update cd so that i can install the latest version..is such a service available in India..home delivery of the april update..if it is so where can...
  7. What updates do we have in Redstone 4 update of Windows 10?

What updates do we have in Redstone 4 update of Windows 10?: I am getting some issues while installing SQL Services in Windows 10 Redstone 4 updates, earlier it was working on Redstone 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-updates-do-we-have-in-redstone-4-update-of/1e42c23d-2bd6-4e05-8a9b-0f59941d9f40
  8. New Fonts Page Coming to Settings in Windows 10 Redstone 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Fonts Page Coming to Settings in Windows 10 Redstone 4: Microsoft is adding font management capabilities to the Settings app in Windows 10, and with some poking around, we managed to enable them in Redstone 4 build 17074.Yee-haw, let’s look at some fonts. The new Font page takes on the look and feel of the old Font Control Panel,...
  9. New Game Bar Design for Windows 10 Redstone 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Game Bar Design for Windows 10 Redstone 4: [img] Microsoft is reworking its Game Bar to take advantage of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and we got a sneak peek at what’s coming, thanks to some early code hidden in Redstone 4 build 17046. Here are all the changes we noticed, from left to right, if you’re...
  10. Windows 10 Preview update to Windows 10 Official

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Preview update to Windows 10 Official: Hello guys! I've been running Windows 10 Preview for about 4 months and now that Windows 10 are officially released, I don't know how to update to them from the Preview versions. Although there is no "Build xxxxx" on the right down side of my screen I don't think that the...