Windows 10: Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

Discus and support Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 12, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build marks a step in the process that signals the point in the development cycle where the company’s focus will be on stabilization for Redstone 5.

Microsoft says that it has “forked” RS5 into its own branch called “RS5_RELEASE” just like the software maker did for Redstone 4 (April 2018 Update).

Microsoft is also resetting the Skip Ahead ring ahead of the release of Windows 10 Redstone 6 update. The company is making this change to the Windows Insider program as it moves towards the final development stages of the Redstone 5 update.

In a blog post today, Dona Sarkar, head of the Windows Insider program says that Microsoft will soon start focusing on stabilization for Redstone 5.

“We are getting close to the point in the development cycle where our focus will be on stabilization for RS5. As part of the stabilization process, we have “forked” RS5 into its own branch called “RS5_RELEASE” just like we did for RS4 and RS3 before that. Insiders will see this branch change with today’s build,” Dona Sarkar explains.

We are quickly approaching that point when Windows 10 Redstone 5 update would be feature complete. The upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will soon enter the stabilization phase of the development cycle but it does not necessarily mean that no new features will be added to the operating system.

It’s worth noting that Windows 10 Redstone 5 update is available only for the Windows Insiders and it’s projected to launch in the fall of this year for the general public, according to Microsoft’s typical release schedule. At this point, ironing out the bugs in Windows 10 Redstone 5 is the priority and the other major changes will be introduced with Redstone 6 update.

The post Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 12, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon windows-10-hp-stream-100566481-large.jpg

It may come as no surprise, but Microsoft won't release another major update for Windows 10 in 2016. The good news is you can expect two big updates to Microsoft’s latest operating system in 2017.

Microsoft let the information slip in a TechNet blog post published earlier in the week. “Windows 10, version 1607 is our third Windows 10 feature update released,” Microsoft said in the blog post. “Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows 10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.”

The blog post appears to confirm reports from the Windows rumor mill about the timing of the next two updates for Windows 10. The first update, dubbed Redstone 2, is expected to roll out in early 2017 with the second, Redstone 3, landing in the summer or early fall, similar to the timing of the recently released Anniversary Update (previously known as Redstone 1).

This schedule would put Microsoft back on a two updates per year schedule similar to the initial rollout of Windows 10, as Windows Central first pointed out. In 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10 (also known as Threshold) in July and then the November Update(dubbed Threshold 2) three months later.

This time around, Redstone 2 is expected to roll out in the spring and then Redstone 3 should hit about four to six months later.

The impact on you at home: Of the two updates, Redstone 2 looks to be the most interesting so far. Not necessarily because of the features, which are believed to be largely things that weren’t ready for the Anniversary Update. The big deal is that the early 2017 update is expected to roll out in concert with new hardware from Microsoft, asZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley first reported back in March.

Early builds of Redstone 2 are expected to roll out to Windows Insiders in the coming weeks.

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

P4-630, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features

Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features
    Partners encouraged to build devices that use Windows Ink

Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...medium=twitter

Cluster Head, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

1. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon - Similar Threads - Redstone update feature

2. Redstone 5 Reset option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 Reset option: I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again. Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and...
  3. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update: I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It is taking at least 50 sec to open any browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). 5 days back it ran into BSOD, anyhow I recovered...
  4. Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5: My PC has several issues after I update it to Windows 10's latest RedStone5 update through insider program. They are making my life a hell- Cortana is starting to listen me when I say "Hey Cortana" but cannot respond to what I am saying. [I have already done many tasks...
  5. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......
  6. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update to include new Microsoft Edge features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update to include new Microsoft Edge features: Microsoft is working on a new set of improvements for Microsoft Edge and the alleged changes are projected to arrive with Windows 10 Redstone 5 in the fall of 2019. The latest preview build comes with hints in this regard, revealing some of the features being added to the...
  7. How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now: Windows 10 Redstone 5 is available for Windows Insiders and if you’re okay with some bugs, you can download and install the preview update right now. You would need to join the Fast or Slow Ring of Windows Insider program to get updates. The Insider program allows developers...
  8. Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update: Microsoft is working on next big Windows 10 update codenamed Redstone 5 and as per the rumoured release schedule, Redstone 5 is expected to be finalized sometime in September and the public rollout would begin in October or later. Windows 10 Redstone 5 would be a big update...
  9. A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5: The next big update of Windows 10 is codenamed Redstone 5 and it’s projected to arrive in the fall. Windows 10 Redstone 5 is currently in development, and Microsoft is improving the OS with the help from Windows Insiders. Windows 10 RS 5 will be a big update, and it’ll...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive: Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage service has quickly grown in popularity since its integration into the Windows platform. With Windows 10 having the cloud storage service being deeply integrated into the OS, it’s a bit surprising that there is not a way to back up your...