Windows 10: Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de

Discus and support Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de

I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who are familiar with the matter, upcoming improvements to Continuum will introduce “OS X Handoff” like functionality, allowing users to sync apps between devices for working on the go.

I have already touched on this feature in previous reports, but now I know much more about what we can expect to see surrounding the feature. In short, it works exactly like Handoff does between iOS and OS X. A Windows 10 user can open a word document on their desktop, begin typing away and then realise they need to get going to work. They can simply leave their desk, open up word on their phone and then be prompted to “pick up where I left off”, allowing the user to jump directly back into working.

Read More at Source
    Windows 10 Redstone: app syncing between devices

:)

hTconeM9user, Mar 28, 2016

2. "Pick Up Where I Left Off" Refuses to turn off

This is a feature introduced in Windows 10 1709 many users are finding annoying:

Try this work around.

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > sign-in options

Scroll down to Privacy

Toggle off

Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 28, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de

1. Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de - Similar Threads - Redstone “Pick where

2. Pick of where I left off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pick of where I left off: I have Cortana disabled and every app I can disabled on startup both in the app/program and in the Task manager. Windows is still acting like the feature "Pick Up Where I Left Off" is still on, even though I cannot find a way to disable it (or that it is even an option to...
  3. Pick Up Where You Left Off - Stopped working after 1809 Feature Update.

in Cortana
    Pick Up Where You Left Off - Stopped working after 1809 Feature Update.: 1809 came through today. Pick up where you left off is only showing previous days - nothing I've done currently shows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pick-up-where-you-left-off-stopped-working-after/d647db9d-ccf2-4cfe-9b63-bb7ffe101eb1"
  4. New Activity Cards to pick up where you left off on Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New Activity Cards to pick up where you left off on Google Search: While we’ve probably all turned to Google to settle a bet, often we need more than just a quick answer. You might be looking for information to help you complete a longer-running task, whether it’s meal planning for a new food regimen, researching new stretching routines for...
  5. How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?

in Cortana
    How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?: All of the search results that I found from many websites/forum, all points back to the same thing - go to the Notebook tab, find said feature, turn it off then Saves... With no alternative solution anywhere. - The first issue is... Cortana is not available in my country,...
  6. How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10: Any app or folders I have open pops right back up when I turn on my computer after shutting it down. I have looked around long for a way to disable this new feature but havent been able to do so. I have cortana disabled (as best as I can tell) and yet this feature is enabled....
  7. Can I at least pick up where I left off??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I at least pick up where I left off??: I've tried at least a half dozen times over two days to upgrade w 7 pro to ten. Each time stopping at a different place. Only one descriptive message to uninstall Acronis. Following that advice and the install went all the way to 47 percent before going to bed. Woke up to...
  8. Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices: Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who...
  9. Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where you left off in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the...
  10. App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile: How to: App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Share Apps Across Devices on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on...