Windows 10: Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive

Discus and support Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage service has quickly grown in popularity since its integration into the Windows platform. With Windows 10 having the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive

Read more: Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Mar 20, 2016

2. Improvements in OneDrive and Edge for Windows 10 version 1803 (March 26, 2018)

As far as the slow ring builds are concerned for Windows 10 version 1803, what improvements are in store for the upcoming upgrade to Windows 10 I will install the day it comes out? OneDrive files on demand introduced in Windows 10 Redstone 3 was something
    I've always wanted since I learned that was taken out in Windows 10 Threshold 1, the original version of Windows 10. The ability to delete all bookmarks in Edge with just one click would be great!

thomasseymour18901, Mar 20, 2016
  3. HorizonWZ Win User
  4. AndreTen Win User

Very interesting, indeed!

AndreTen, Mar 21, 2016
  5. A very useful addition

hTconeM9user, Mar 21, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    ..............The one feature that is currently not available that some users may want is to fully backup your device to the cloud. ..............

That might be enticing.

davidhk, Mar 21, 2016
  7. DooGie Win User
    Sounds very interesting assuming that the backup can be used without errors. There's bound to be bugs along the way *Smile

DooGie, Mar 21, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

This will definitely be a plus. *Smile

Winuser, Mar 21, 2016
  9. "fully backup your device to the cloud" Sounds good, assuming you have enough space on your OneDrive? I have yet to buy (pay for) any extra OneDrive storage. I have very limited space available. Not near enough to even fully backup one device. I guess it all depends on what your definition of "fully backup" is? It's just somebodies, wish it was there, anyway. As far as the screen shot in the article, it looks like just more options added to the sync function?

alphanumeric, Mar 21, 2016
  10. DavidY Win User
    and indeed enough capacity on your network links.

DavidY, Mar 22, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    I don't have any plans on using Onedrive to backup my entire system. I do use it to save some of my data files, documents and pictures. I do see how this is a definite plus for those who do want to use it for their system backup.

Winuser, Mar 22, 2016
  12. It would be a nice feature/option, for some. All I'm saying is, how many people would have enough space on OneDrive to actually make use of it? It's all hypothetical anyway. The person who wrote the article only mentioned it as a what if option.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Redstone To Feature Improved Backup To OneDrive - Similar Threads - Redstone Feature Improved

2. Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off Backup Feature of OneDrive: According to this support entry, I should see a "stop backup" option under the items OneDrive is trying to backup. I do not. Instead I see an error because ultimately what its trying to backup is too large. How can I get OneDrive to stop trying to do so, while still retaining...
  3. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon: Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build marks a step in the process that signals the point in the development cycle where the company’s focus will be on...
  4. Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2: Ever since April, it's been rumored that Microsoft's next feature update for Windows 10, codenamed Redstone 2, will have a greater focus on Mobile. In fact, Redstone 3 is rumored to be the same. At day two of Microsoft's Ignite 2016 conference today in a session called,...
  5. Windows 10 Mobile Redstone to Bring New Battery Improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Redstone to Bring New Battery Improvements: Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update will now prompt you to enable battery saver once your battery is low In the last Windows 10 Mobile and PC Anniversary Update, the settings pane for the battery saver app was redesigned, but Microsoft also added a new battery focused...
  6. Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....: Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on generic applications [img] World of leaks about the future of the Windows operating system is designed in such a way that, sometimes, about the changes in the new system builds we can judge...
  7. OneDrive Placeholders To Return With Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Placeholders To Return With Redstone: A long time ago, in an OS far, far away, ok not that far away but with Window 8.1, Microsoft had a feature for OneDrive called placeholders. This feature allowed you to keep a very small file on your local machine that showed a thumbnail of the document that was stored in the...
  8. Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve OneDrive sync features for Windows 10: Microsoft has pledged to improve the OneDrive experience for people that are currently checking out the Windows 10 Technical Preview, particularly the sync features that so far don't have some of the same features that are available for other platforms. In a blog post,...
  9. Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming Windows 10 Redstone builds to feature more Edge improvements: Microsoft has finally started implementing new features in its latest internal Redstone builds, the first of which appear to focus on the company’s new Windows 10 browser, Edge. Microsoft is working to make Edge a viable alternative to other popular web browsers in Redstone,...
  10. Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Some Windows 10 Redstone Features - Report: Source says Microsoft is now working to prioritize features [img] Redstone is the codename of the upcoming big update for Windows 10 and rumor has it that it could arrive in the summer with a number of exciting features, including support for extensions in Edge...