Windows 10: Windows 10 reformat and activation

Discus and support Windows 10 reformat and activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i decided to make a recovery drive and reformat a pc that was given to me. I wasn't able to login my windows account on the pc before i started the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LockLess, Jun 1, 2020.

1. LockLess Win User

Windows 10 reformat and activation

So i decided to make a recovery drive and reformat a pc that was given to me. I wasn't able to login my windows account on the pc before i started the reformatting.

When booting up from usb i kept getting the error "There was a problem resetting the PC. No changes were made". I used Windows Media Creation Tool to make another usb.

After installing, windows wasn't automatically activated. I tried troubleshooting but i got "we found a windows 10 home digital license for this device running windows 10 pro" which is weird because my pc was originally windows 10 pro.

I was able to picture the pc's Product ID if that helps. Thanks for any advice

:)

LockLess, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jun 1, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reformat and activation - Similar Threads - reformat activation

2. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  3. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  4. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  5. A possibly dead USB drive taking up 100% active time that cannot be accessed or reformatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A possibly dead USB drive taking up 100% active time that cannot be accessed or reformatted: So, I have an interesting problem that I cannot quite figure out how to deal with it. Let's get started:To give some background here: Disk 6 is a portable USB drive that contains Ubuntu which explains E:, F:, H:, and I: drives' existence. K: drive is a "general" folder that...
  6. A possibly dead USB drive taking up 100% active time that cannot be accessed or reformatted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A possibly dead USB drive taking up 100% active time that cannot be accessed or reformatted: So, I have an interesting problem that I cannot quite figure out how to deal with it. Let's get started:To give some background here: Disk 6 is a portable USB drive that contains Ubuntu which explains E:, F:, H:, and I: drives' existence. K: drive is a "general" folder that...
  7. A possibly dead USB drive taking up 100% active time that cannot be accessed or reformatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Do I need my windows activated in order to cloud download when reformatting it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need my windows activated in order to cloud download when reformatting it?: I'm thinking of reformating my PC just to do a bit of cleaning but I noticed that my windows isn't activated and I don't know what will happen if I reset it...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License won't re-activate after a Reformat - Error: 0xC004F213

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital License won't re-activate after a Reformat - Error: 0xC004F213: Hi! As the title says - The reason I reformatted my C: SSD hard drive was because after a restart it booted me into this recovery page right after BIOS check. I got to choose between reformat, rollback recovery, repair etc, so I could not access my computer anymore so a...
  10. How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows?: I want to reformat my SSD/HDD and then activate windows after installing it from a USB drive. According to my windows activation settings, my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. Does this mean that when I need to activate Windows 10 again, all I need to do is...