Windows 10: Windows 10 reformat error

Discus and support Windows 10 reformat error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You When I do a windows 10 system restart it runs for about half way through the download then I get an error that says: windows could not configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamCatterson, Sep 14, 2018.

1. SamCatterson Win User

Windows 10 reformat error

You

When I do a windows 10 system restart it runs for about half way through the download then I get an error that says: windows could not configure one or more components. To install windows restart the computer then restart the installation

From there I click okay and it wants me to log in to an accout called other user. I do not have the credentils to log in through this account. Ive tried to system reformat the computer again and yet i get the same error.

could someone please provide some assistance

:)

SamCatterson, Sep 14, 2018
  2. -1nf1n1ty- Win User

Reformatting with Windows 7 RC 64bit error

I'm getting an error when Im trying to reformat my pc with windows 7. I burned the windows 7 iso or the whole file rather onto a dvd and started reformatting everything goes well and...pretty slow untill I get an error message saying error 0x80070017 and was unable to finish installing can anyone help me out here?

-1nf1n1ty-, Sep 14, 2018
  3. CDdude55 Win User
    Microsoft Windows Error.

So to start, i just go into control panel to reformat? Or can i just do it straight from Windows?

Basically what steps do i need to do it?

CDdude55, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reformat error - Similar Threads - reformat error

2. How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reformat USB Recovery Drive: I used the "Create recovery drive" tool in Windows 10 to create a recovery drive on a USB stick. I no longer need that recovery drive and would like to use the USB stick for other things. I have been unable to erase or reformat the USB drive. I keep getting a write protection...
  3. reformat dell computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reformat dell computer: My cd rom won't play a cd or dvd how can I fix it I have already put in a new cd player in it won't play either do I need to reformat the computer I have xp and how do I reformat it without the cd?...
  4. Reformat Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformat Windows 10 PC: My PC is running very, very sluggishly. Updating all drivers to the latest versions and cleaning the PC up has not helped. I'm drawn to starting afresh by reformatting the hard disk and reinstalling Windows 10. I will do all necessary backups before hand but need help with...
  5. HDD failed to reformat, disappeared except for in BIOS

HDD failed to reformat, disappeared except for in BIOS: Earlier today I attempted to transfer some data from one HDD to another. At exactly 78% of the way through, it gave me an error, "the destination you have specified does not exist". Then the drive disappeared from This PC. Also, would not show in disk management or disk part....
  6. how to recover data after reformatting

how to recover data after reformatting: good day I just wanted to ask how will I find my data. I reset my laptop (Windows 10), then I clicked don't delete my files, so the apps would be deleted. and now, how can I recover my apps like Microsoft Office Suite? I'm waiting for your reply. thank you...
  7. reformatting an sdhc card

reformatting an sdhc card: hi can anyone help, I'm using windows 10 and would like to format a 2gb sdhc card from fat32 to fat16 so I can use in my Nikon D50 camera as it only accepts sd not sdhc...
  8. Reformatting Hard Drives.

Reformatting Hard Drives.: I am in the process of backing up my entire PC to an external hard drive including a system image. After backing up I want to reformat my existing internal hard drive that contains the windows 10 operating system. My question is: Can I reinstall windows 10 after I have...
  9. Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10

Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10: I want to reformat my laptop it is a Windows xp but upgraded free to windows 10 ..will I be able to use my xp key code then upgrade to windows 10 free again...
  10. Error when trying to reformat Windows 10

Error when trying to reformat Windows 10: Hello everyone, I'm trying to reformat my windows 10 and i'm getting errors no matter what i do. I dont care about the data on the laptop, i got it at a garage sale. when i click reset my PC - Keep my files: "The Drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the...