Windows 10: Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent

Discus and support Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How did you guys do the recovery drive function??? This is garbage!!! Okay, you first tell me that I better create one, so I plug in my backup drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardRen1, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent

How did you guys do the recovery drive function??? This is garbage!!!

Okay, you first tell me that I better create one, so I plug in my backup drive with my stuff

Then you tell me you need to reformat my drive before start, I click no.

Why the hell are you reformatting my drive the moment you pop up that window? I clicked no, why is it still reformatted?

Now my 1TB hard drive shows a size of mere 31GB and has nothing in there.

What the hell??? You just make me lose all my files? Who gave you the authority to do that!!!!!!!!

:)

RichardRen1, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent

Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent

1. Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent - Similar Threads - reformats drive without

2. Trying to reformat my windows drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to reformat my windows drive.: About a year and a 1/2 ago I wiped my computer. But while doing so, my C drive was 1 TB and it got formatted into 400 GB. I just wiped my computer again. And I'm trying to make my c drive back to A Terabyte. No matter what I do I can't wipe it or reformat it. And I don't know...
  3. Windows Update Rebooted my machine without my consent ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Rebooted my machine without my consent ?: I've been using Hibernate and S3 sleep for a while and it's been working perfectly..Today when going home from work, i noticed that Windows wanted to install updates when i clicked the "shutdown" button to Hibernate. I ignored the updates because i didn't want to reboot /...
  4. Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent: Hello, I recently activated a windows 10 Home version on my new laptop. However I was shocked to discover that in my next bootup of computer, windows require another activation. Anyone knows how to reverse the upgrade? Thank you...
  5. laptop tapped or monitored without my consent

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    laptop tapped or monitored without my consent: Hi, I would like to know how can I find whether my personal laptop has been hacked and monitored or possibly copied files from whilst working in the office. I work as a contractor and use my own laptop when working. How can I find if the laptop had been cloned using the...
  6. reformatting my hard drive

reformatting my hard drive: Previous old answers to this question did not answer how to format and wipe a hard drive in order to completely reload a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformatting-my-hard-drive/92a215f1-7444-4a89-bca4-e11b8146e1b8
  7. reformat my PC without a CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reformat my PC without a CD: Can someone walk a computer dummy though reformatting my PC without a CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformat-my-pc-without-a-cd/a0490468-a69f-4eea-992f-69dab5ae880b
  8. I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent: I hate that Windows 10 restarts automatically without my consent just to install new updates I didnt asked for. It made me lost a day of work and I just have to write everything I had worked for all over again. I do not want to hear the excuse of "You didn't save your work?"....
  9. Without my consent.

Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...
  10. Windows 10 reformatted my NTFS drive to be a GPT drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 reformatted my NTFS drive to be a GPT drive: This is a very weird problem. So I am just going to present what happened and see if anyone has ever heard of this. :-) I was using Windows XP. I have a Dell laptop and I am using XPx86 version. My laptop has 8GB of memory - only 4GB are being used. I had no idea, when I...