Windows 10: Windows 10 reformatting SD card

Discus and support Windows 10 reformatting SD card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I plug my SD card into the reader on my windows 10 PC and then when I try to access the files on it, it will occasionally and inexplicably change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oscarV2001, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 reformatting SD card

I plug my SD card into the reader on my windows 10 PC and then when I try to access the files on it, it will occasionally and inexplicably change the file structure such that the drive becomes unusable. Trying to open the drive in windows explorer leads to windows asking to format the drive, and says the SD is completely empty, despite there being hundreds of GBs of photos. I have had to use data recovery software in the past, which takes hours, so ideally I'd like a fix.

:)

oscarV2001, Aug 17, 2019

2. how do you reformat sd card to NTFS ?

file history does not recognize my sd card. suggestion was to reformat it.

Nancy L.Klemp, Aug 17, 2019
  3. TPJ1438 Win User
    reformat SD card

I'm trying to reformat the SD card that I have in my windows 10 tablet/laptop. when I click on the app, then click on the move, I keep getting a message that says, couldn't move app because there are already apps on the SD card.
    error code is 0x800070091. I don't know what to do with this. Can anybody tell me what I need to do?

TPJ1438, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 reformatting SD card

SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

http://windows8search.com/forum/how-install-xap-files-windows-8-phone-2630.html

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 reformatting SD card

1. Windows 10 reformatting SD card - Similar Threads - reformatting card

2. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  3. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  4. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  5. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  6. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...: I had a pair of 2TB HDDs that were a Storage Space pool. Recently, I replaced those two HDDs with a single 4TB SSD, removing them from my computer. My original plan was to reformat them and use them as external storage. I did not know that it would be important to remove them...
  8. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...: I had a pair of 2TB HDDs that were a Storage Space pool. Recently, I replaced those two HDDs with a single 4TB SSD, removing them from my computer. My original plan was to reformat them and use them as external storage. I did not know that it would be important to remove them...
  9. Windows 10 won’t read SD cards unless I reformat them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won’t read SD cards unless I reformat them: My laptop has a built in SD card reader. It will not read my card unless i format it. But if i format it, i will lose all of the photos stored in it. Running Windows 10....
  10. reformatting an sdhc card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reformatting an sdhc card: hi can anyone help, I'm using windows 10 and would like to format a 2gb sdhc card from fat32 to fat16 so I can use in my Nikon D50 camera as it only accepts sd not sdhc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reformatting sd card on windows ten laptop