Windows 10: Windows 10 Refresh due to suspected hacker

Discus and support Windows 10 Refresh due to suspected hacker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a basic question. I suspected a hacker installed a keystroke tracking on my computer or something similar. Unable to get my Lenovo computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GinnyFLA, Jun 21, 2020.

1. GinnyFLA Win User

Windows 10 Refresh due to suspected hacker

I have a basic question.

I suspected a hacker installed a keystroke tracking on my computer or something similar.

Unable to get my Lenovo computer which is also suspect to launch bios, I tried all instructions F 1, 2, 12; Escape Key, using the Security Recovery option there was no VEFI Firmware Setting to choose. So I decided to install the Windows 10 refresh option, which worked. I have Windows 10 pro from work that I wanted to install, but still cannot get the bios to come up on startup, after attempting everything I saw to do this. As a result I am still suspect that the hacker invasion is still on the computer and is somehow stopping the access to my computers bios at startup.

I am concerned that even after the refresh, my computer may be compromised due to the explanation above, but thought this question could be better answered here.

Question: Does a Windows 10 refresh eliminate a hackers tracking or access and all my passwords have been changed as well on my computer?

Thank you for your help with this question.

GinnyFLA

:)

GinnyFLA, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Refresh due to suspected hacker - Similar Threads - Refresh due suspected

2. I am suspecting a hacker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am suspecting a hacker: I suspect a hacker is sniffing around my system. I don't have virtual machines installed on my system, and also, I don't have Hyver-V checked in my windows features. I noticed I keep seeing VmmemCmZygote and Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service and other files that...
  3. I am suspecting a hacker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am suspecting a hacker: I suspect a hacker is sniffing around my system. I don't have virtual machines installed on my system, and also, I don't have Hyver-V checked in my windows features. I noticed I keep seeing VmmemCmZygote and Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service and other files that...
  4. Locked out of my account due to Hacker.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my account due to Hacker.: My bank account has been drained and left with 3k in the negative and Microsoft locked me out of my account. Everything is setting there in the Hackers control. This sounds like a lawsuit to me.. I demand to be contacted immediately....
  5. I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC

I am Suspecting that a hacker has taken control of my PC: This expectation has an evidence against it. First of all My Windows defender was disabled by the red error message " this setting is managed by your administrator". I thought that the way to fix this is to edit the registry keysIn registry i moved to >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >...
  6. Out of range due to changing of refresh rate...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Out of range due to changing of refresh rate...: Hi guys.. Recently I bought new monitor60hz..when i turn on my pc i just open nvidia control panel and changed my refresh rate to 75hz and immediately i got an error of "out of range" Then i opened safe mode where i was unable to change my refresh rate..and found that my...
  7. ACER Nitro 5 Speakers Popping, Suspect due to Realtek Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ACER Nitro 5 Speakers Popping, Suspect due to Realtek Driver: Greetings all. I purchased a new ACER Nitro 5 Nitro AN515-55 that came with Realtek Audio and received it yesterday. Like any good, moderately tech-savvy laptop owner I spent the day updating drivers, BIOS, anti-virus, etc... Today I attempted to listen to Pandora while...
  8. unknown processes that i suspect virus due to it's working

unknown processes that i suspect virus due to it's working: i don't what is this but i just wanted to remove this. the process named libmfxsw32 is just taking a very less amount of memory but when i play games it always pops me out of games t show a message allocating memory. when i click on open file location through task manager, it...
  9. Windows 10 suspected memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suspected memory leak: Ok so like almost all my programs are using high amounts of memory in task manager for example, “programA(5)” and will use a few hundreds mb of memory. It didnt happen until like last week, im suspecting a memory leak but i used the windows memory diagnositic tool and it...
  10. Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspect Windows 10 Upgrade: On turning on my laptop I got a message on the sign on screen saying that my version of Windows 10 was out of date and need to be updated so that I would continue to receive security updates after November 2019. It appeared in the same place as the usual Micosoft link which...