Windows 10: Windows 10 Refresh from installation media

Discus and support Windows 10 Refresh from installation media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can a Windows 10 Refresh be done from installation media? 71302 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dc3of4, Nov 30, 2016.

1. dc3of4 Win User

Windows 10 Refresh from installation media

Can a Windows 10 Refresh be done from installation media?

:)

dc3of4, Nov 30, 2016
  2. Nik_2296 Win User

Refreshing or resetting from Windows 10 installation media

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 by selecting 'upgrade this pc now' from the media creation tool. Later, i also created a usb installation media for windows 10 using the same tool, selecting 'create installation media for another pc'. Now if i refresh
    or reset my laptop using that installation media, will the apps that my pc manufacturer installed on my laptop be gone? Or will they be retained? On windows site it is written that those apps will be uninstalled if i do a clean install using that usb. But
    no such info is given about refresh or reset. Unfortunately, i can't do without those apps, and so i want to keep them. Please help.

Also, how probable is it that refreshing or resetting from the installation media will fail?

Nik_2296, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 start menu and search box not working

hello cornell,

I dont have a windows installation media to refresh my windows,as i upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1.so i am unable to refresh my pc.

shivagurram, Nov 30, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Nov 30, 2016
  5. dc3of4 Win User
    Thank you Ed. I will have to peruse this latter, honey do list comes first... seasonal decorative tree. For those who do not care to be politically correct... a Christmas tree!

dc3of4, Nov 30, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Hey, we have one of those, too -- whatever kind of tree it might be. A Nordmann Fir, as that's the kind that "the boss" prefers. *chuckle
    Happy holidays to you, also. Let me know if you need more help or info further down the road after "honey do" is "honey done!"
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 1, 2016
  7. dc3of4 Win User
    Hi Ed,

I had read tutorials written by Brink previously. I should have known they would have one for this as well. It is a well written tutorial. Thank you.

Honey do is complete. My boss prefers a Douglas Fir, but since we now have a two year and three year old pair of cats we have had to revert to a small fake tree. When our three year old joined us for her first Christmas she showed her appreciation by climbing the Douglas Fir that we had that year. With a liberal application of squirt bottles we were able to dissuade her from climbing the tree. The two year old weighs over sixteen pounds and broke limbs the first time he tried to climb the tree. This is when we resorted to a short fake tree. I have ornaments that my mother made back in the sixties which we don't dare use at this time, maybe after they both become a little less rambunctious.

Happy Holidays!

Dan

dc3of4, Dec 1, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

Sounds hilarious and horrifying, all rolled into one harum-scarum situation. Completely understand the current choice of tree! Kids will do the same sort of thing, but don't respond as well to the squirt bottle.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Refresh from installation media - Similar Threads - Refresh installation media

2. Windows 10 installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation media: I'm following the Windows 10 installation media instructions from the Microsoft site at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Not surprisingly, the instructions are bad."Select Download tool now, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run...
  3. windows 10 installation media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 installation media: not able to open USB HDD in the boot menu while trying to repair my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-media/ad7b3b2a-2a23-4be7-974a-a6a48de9b56a
  4. Installing Windows 10 from installation media tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 from installation media tool: I am planning to install windows 10 from the tool in a completely new hard drive.Will it ask for any activation after installation and cut down any features for me or will it install the complete version of windowsnote that this is again a completely new hard drive.Thanks for...
  5. Windows 10 install media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 install media: Is it possible to create install media for windows 10 on a macbook without using terminal? submitted by /u/MaxR428 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/leu7pz/windows_10_install_media/
  6. Create Windows 10 installation media from WinPE media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 installation media from WinPE media: I am currently running Linux on an older non-UEFI system, which recently had Windows 10 installed on it. Originally the PC had Windows 7 installed and was upgraded to 10. I am hoping to bypass the steps of recovering Windows 7 and upgrading, and instead install Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 installation media

Windows 10 installation media: Hi, in this post I i will be sending a link of windows 10 x64, windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 7 SP1 x64 ISO. Windows 10 x64 ISO: https://mega.nz/file/uUpVzZDB#Tg8TMIkoaZDF64dSG3FXdCjf5Zs5cNFFW0I88ZPmVHg Windows 8 x64 ISO:...
  8. windows 10 installation media

windows 10 installation media: Hi! I didnt fully read the article about installation and proceeded to do the download, but is there a way to recover deleted files from media installation on my USB Drive?...
  9. Windows 10 installation media

Windows 10 installation media: I have been trying to install the latest update for windows on my laptop. The update keeps failing as i do not have enough space on my hard drive. The only choice i have left is to reinstall windows but whenever i try to create the installation media it tells me to make space...
  10. Insert media for reset or refresh

Insert media for reset or refresh: A few of my apps disappeared, and I can't open the app store. I tried using a restore point, which it said it could not complete. Tried a different date, same result. Tried a powershell command I found on another tech site. No good. Now I'm looking at doing a reset or...