Windows 10: Windows 10 Refresh has made changes

Discus and support Windows 10 Refresh has made changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a problem with my wife's windows 10 laptop which I resolved by refreshing windows, removing everything.Before the refresh if I clicked on 'This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maiduguri, Aug 17, 2018.

1. maiduguri Win User

Windows 10 Refresh has made changes

I had a problem with my wife's windows 10 laptop which I resolved by refreshing windows, removing everything.Before the refresh if I clicked on 'This pc' it showed folders entitled Desktop, documents, downloads, music, pictures and videos, Under each of the six folders was written 'This pc'

Also, if I clicked on C;//users, there were two folders - C;//users/Catherine and C;//users/public.

After the refresh, clicking on This pc showed the desktop, downloads, music and videos folders as This pc folders, but documents and pictures have been changed to one drive folders. Furthermore, if I click on C;//Users, there are still only two folders, but Catherine has changed to Kanto C;//users/Kanto and C;//users/publicCatherine

Why have some of the system folders been changed to one drive and can I change these back to My pc folders?

Also why has changed to Kanto and can I change this back to Catherine.?

There is only one user, which is Catherine who is the administrator, and there are no local users.

:)

maiduguri, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Suggestion - GPU-Z window Reload (refresh)

Thanks! *Smile Windows 10 Refresh has made changes :) Sounds fine (Ctrl+R as a 2nd way to do the same would be nice too).
    IF you do not want to overburden the main window GUI with the extra Refresh button I suggest, Refresh could be added to the system menu in top left instead, and/or into Settings.
    (such as add a button labeled "Refresh main tab" or similar text of your choosing to Settings)

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Refresh has made changes - Similar Threads - Refresh has made

2. No changes made

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No changes made: Trying to reset my PC however in the long process I receive error message that there is a problem with reset and no changes made. I need to reset this PC since I will give it to my niece. I performed reset in settings and trying to remove everything. I want to do it...
  3. No changes made

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No changes made: Trying to reset my PC however in the long process I receive error message that there is a problem with reset and no changes made. I need to reset this PC since I will give it to my niece. I performed reset in settings and trying to remove everything. I want to do it...
  4. No changes made

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 update changes could not be made

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update changes could not be made: [IMG] I cannot install or even remove any updates. They keep getting undone after the required restart after installing updates. This is what I have tried already: Ran DISM Windows update troubleshooter in normal and safe mode Download and install windows update...
  6. windows 10 reset no changes were made.

windows 10 reset no changes were made.: Hi, I was recently trying to reset my windows 10 laptop, and I want to keep all my files. so I reset the pc with the option to keep all my files but after trying to reset it, it said no changes were made....
  7. no changes were made

no changes were made: when I try to reboot my pc it says no changes were made. I would like to reboot it bc I have a couple of viruses becuz of pirated apps. plz someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-changes-were-made/1c7f0f88-4a77-4463-98d1-8098af951f46
  8. 2/24/2020 Windows Update has made unwanted changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2/24/2020 Windows Update has made unwanted changes: Since the update yesterday when I enter full screen mode my taskbar doesn't disappear. I play games and this now hides parts of the games. In File Explorer my Downloads have been changed to a list instead of pictures like they have been every since I installed Windows 10....
  9. File Explorer Window Refresh Needed To See Changes Create, Delete, Rename Made to Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Window Refresh Needed To See Changes Create, Delete, Rename Made to Files: I'm in the process of setting up a new laptop Windows 10 and have not been able to understand what is happening with the file system. I can't seem to see any changes made create, delete, rename to files on the local disk unless I refresh the file explorer window. Very...
  10. Undoing changes made

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing changes made: Windows 10 Updates again mesed up my PC. When rebooting it, it goes into loop and keeps showing a sign "Undoing changes made to your computer.." How do I even get PC rebooted and restart it now? How do I get rid of all these unwanted changes and how do I set up Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 refreshing what is the change made