Windows 10: Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time

Discus and support Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I refresh my laptop for perhaps 5th time. The last time was a month ago and since then, my laptop became gravely slow and keeps on freezing. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bmrehcse, Jun 17, 2020.

1. bmrehcse Win User

Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time

I refresh my laptop for perhaps 5th time. The last time was a month ago and since then, my laptop became gravely slow and keeps on freezing. I don't have much on my laptop. I used to play an online fps game on it and downloaded streaming apps before but all of them I have deleted since I refresh. Aside from freezing, one thing that bothers me is when I checked my McAfee account, I saw two online computer connected on it. One was the old system of mineI recognised it cause it was the same computer name as my old one and the other one is the new refresh systemmy default laptop name. Does it mean I have two running system on my laptop? It never happened to me before that there are two computers connected to my McAfee. I thought this is the reason why my laptop is impossible to use.

I am sorry for my confusing sentences, I am not a native English speaker. Thank you for the help.

My laptop is ASUS VivoBook S14. It is also not design for gaming so maybe it can be also the reason why my laptop started acting up though I am not convinced.

:)

bmrehcse, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Melvis Win User
    Backup old system like new clean installation

Bad English, not sure what your meaning? If your asking if you backed up your old system then reinstalled it with a fresh install of whatever Windows your using then yes it will run like new and this is usually the best option.

Melvis, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time

Best OS for old P3 System?

Hey, I have an old P3 800Mhz, 256MB, 20Gb HDD, system with no OS installed.. I know its old, but it still works fine and it'd be a waste to toss out... Any suggestions as to what OS i should install on it? Something other than boring 'ol windows... *Roll :roll:

Thanks in advance..

Brutalfate, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time

1. Windows 10 Refresh ProblemLooks like old system and new system works at the same time - Similar Threads - Refresh ProblemLooks old

2. windows 10 and old systems

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 and old systems: I am running windows 10 on an old core2duo hp desktop system and I gave the machine an SSD to boot from. but I also gave it a 4 TB harddrive. The drive was from another system (I have many many systems) and was already formatted and windows 10 lists it as a 4 TB drive. But...
  3. How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I Transfer old system files from old windows 10 into new system files in windows 10: I bought a new windows 10 computer. I want to integrate my old system drive into my new computer. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-old-system-files-from-old/6f003fc5-b49e-48c2-bf85-87f4f5e60db3
  4. How to integrate old system files with new system files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to integrate old system files with new system files in windows 10: I bought a new computer. I want to use the C system drive from my old computer. Can I use or integrate any of my old system files into my new C system drive files? If not, how do I remove the old system files so what is left can be integrated? Can I save any saved game...
  5. New system old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New system old hard drive?: Hi, I'm building a new system soon, but I have a question. I just have this hard drive with Windows on it and keep the old drivers and everything. How can I avoid a new installation of Windows now? Can I just uninstall all the old drivers and integrate them into the new...
  6. New computer with same microsoft login as old computer. Can't migrate system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New computer with same microsoft login as old computer. Can't migrate system: I downloaded and installed Win 10 to a new computer from Microsoft so that I could use PC Trans to migrate my system and accounts and files from my old machine to my new machine. However, since my email address and password are the same, PC Trans thinks they're the same...
  7. Old to new computer in system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old to new computer in system: Hello. When I try to get an app in my MS account it states it is downloading to my old computer not my mew one. It downloads but does it matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-to-new-computer-in-system/187f43c9-ad1d-4c76-81fb-2c2cff0ace5e
  8. Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting license from old system to run on new system: Greetings, I have an older home-built system for which I had Windows 10 on it. I removed Windows 10 because I want to use this version for a brand new system I'm building. I didn't realize at the time I removed Windows from the old system that I needed to follow...
  9. Refresh Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refresh Operating System: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have a Windows 10 Home installed two years ago and I want to make it a refresh of the operating system. I just want to keep track of the hard drive. I'm mentioning that I migrated to the latest version of Windows 10 Home, the 1809 version. Wait for...
  10. Old system died, moved SSD to new system, cant reactivate windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old system died, moved SSD to new system, cant reactivate windows 10: I have a windows 7 I've had for at least 8 years and when Win 10 came around, I took the free upgrade. But my old Pc finally died on me and I bought myself a ryzen 5 2600 and everything in order to get back at it. But now I cant seem to reactivate windows 10. I really don't...