Windows 10: Windows 10 Refs and Storage spaces raw

Discus and support Windows 10 Refs and Storage spaces raw in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, Summary: Had a crashed WS2019, reinstalled the OS with Win10H02. The SS drive is visible and shows "ok", however the drive is shown as "RAW"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tvon, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Tvon Win User

Windows 10 Refs and Storage spaces raw

Hey,

Summary:

Had a crashed WS2019, reinstalled the OS with Win10H02. The SS drive is visible and shows "ok", however the drive is shown as "RAW" and can't be accessed. I upgraded the pool, still same. I enabled the REFS feature through the registry keys. Still nothing. Any ideas?

Regards,

Toni

:)

2. A.M. Win User

ReFS is not listed as a format option when creating a mirrored storage space

I have two Windows 10 computers. Both are upgraded from Windows 7. When I create a storage space on one of these computers, I can format a two-way mirrored storage space as ReFS, but the other computer only lists NTFS for the same two drives.

If I create a mirrored ReFS space on the first computer and then plug in the drives into the second computer, Windows pops up an error message saying "This version of Windows doesn't support the ReFS format on drive".

How can I enable ReFS on the second computer?

3. Tenforo Active Member
    ReFS Option Missing in Storage Spaces win 10 version 1709

Hi Lov,

Thanks for your answer.

I read this information ( at Resilient File System (ReFS) overview), dated 18 Dec 2017, that indicated that the integration of ReFS in WIN 10 Pro Storage Spaces would remain; but I see now that this only applies to Windows
    Server editions.

I will certainly provide my feedback as you suggest. It seems my options are to stick with NTFS in WIN 10 Pro, or spend $215 AUD to upgrade to WIN 10 Pro for Workstations; it seems hardly worth it just to get ReFS.

Thanks again.

Tenforo, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Refs and Storage spaces raw

Will ReFS / Storage Spaces configuration works correctly with Windows 10?

Old title: Windows 10 and ReFS

I've been unable to find a clear-cut answer to my question. I'm running Win 8.1 Pro and I use 2 secondary HDs for my 'data'. These drives are formatted ReFS and configured in a Storage Spaces mirrored configuration. I think I'm ready to upgrade my Win
    8.1 Pro to Win 10 but I'm looking for reassurance that the ReFS / Storage Spaces configuration is going to still work just fine. Will this be the case?

(My primary drive is SSD NTFS)

MeToo_inTX, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Refs and Storage spaces raw

1. Windows 10 Refs and Storage spaces raw - Similar Threads - Refs Storage spaces

2. Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces: Thanks in advance.I recently upgraded my storage spaces and increased my storage size. I added an 18tb drive to an existing storage space. During this process I increased my storage space size logical to 80TB. I have 5X 18tb hard drives. The drives are set to parity, since...
  3. Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces: Thanks in advance.I recently upgraded my storage spaces and increased my storage size. I added an 18tb drive to an existing storage space. During this process I increased my storage space size logical to 80TB. I have 5X 18tb hard drives. The drives are set to parity, since...
  4. Why doesn't ReFS show as an option in Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't ReFS show as an option in Storage Spaces: New HP Z2 Gen 5 workstation running Windows 11 22H2 and when I try to configure storage spaces my only option is NTFS although I have been watching YouTube videos claiming that the new ReFS is an option. How do I turn this on so that I can use it?...
  5. Why doesn't ReFS show as an option in Storage Spaces

Why doesn't ReFS show as an option in Storage Spaces: New HP Z2 Gen 5 workstation running Windows 11 22H2 and when I try to configure storage spaces my only option is NTFS although I have been watching YouTube videos claiming that the new ReFS is an option. How do I turn this on so that I can use it?...
  6. windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs: When i use Windows Server 2016, ntfs write data will be written directly to the ssd layer, but in Windows Server 2019 and 2022, ntfs will write data directly to the hdd layer, resulting in very poor parity performance, how should I set up ntfs data to write directly to the...
  7. windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs

windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs: When i use Windows Server 2016, ntfs write data will be written directly to the ssd layer, but in Windows Server 2019 and 2022, ntfs will write data directly to the hdd layer, resulting in very poor parity performance, how should I set up ntfs data to write directly to the...
  8. windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount: I have 2-way mirrored storage space that reads as healthy when the ReFS volume is unmounted. The problem is when I try to mount it via diskmgmt, explorer will hang forever with System using about 10% CPU forever. I've tried leaving this process running for 4 days and it did...
  10. Unable to reclaim the space i ReFS storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reclaim the space i ReFS storage: i used th ReFS storage for Backups, and I deleted backup files to reclaimthe space but ihave reclaim minimal space, how can reclaim the space and why allfoldersi deleted are coming back?...