Windows 10: Windows 10 Refurbished Machine

Discus and support Windows 10 Refurbished Machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm working with a company that recently purchased Windows 10 refurbished machines. One of the machines has become corrupted during a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jareth(2), Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jareth(2) Win User

Windows 10 Refurbished Machine

Hi,

I'm working with a company that recently purchased Windows 10 refurbished machines. One of the machines has become corrupted during a Windows Update, and any recovery will not work. I'm going to reinstall Windows but none of these machines have license stickers on them, although they all show activated.

How can I ensure I don't run into activation issues when reinstalling the OS.

Thanks,

Chris

:)

Jareth(2), Aug 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Win 10 for refurbished machines

I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines.

I activated it and it runs well.

My questions are as follows.

1. Can I upgrade the old 500GB HD to an SSD?

2. How do I go about installing the SSD and transfering over the OS? (from a 500GB HD to a 500GB SSD ... there has been nothing installed except for drivers for a new video card)

3. The size of the 'old HD" is larger than the "new SSD" (likely due to over provisioning supported in win10)

4. I am leary of using the Samsung migration software since prior migrations were fraught with problems

Thanks in advance

Confused

ConfusedaboutWIN10, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Refurbished Machine - Similar Threads - Refurbished Machine

2. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  3. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  4. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Refurbishing old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  6. Refurbishing old laptop

Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  7. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  8. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  9. Setting up Windows 10 on a refurbished machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up Windows 10 on a refurbished machine: Probably a daft thing to ask but I have bought my grandson a refurbished machine and it opens to the Windows screen but I want to set it up so that he has a PIN number to get into the machine and also how to make him the administrator. Are there simple steps that I can make...
  10. Win 10 for refurbished machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 for refurbished machines: I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines. I activated it and it runs well. My questions are as follows. 1. Can I upgrade the old 500GB HD to an SSD? 2. How do I go about installing the SSD and transfering over the OS?...