Windows 10: Windows 10 Refurbished Machine

Discus and support Windows 10 Refurbished Machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm working with a company that recently purchased Windows 10 refurbished machines. One of the machines has become corrupted during a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jareth(2), Aug 13, 2019 at 8:17 PM.

1. Jareth(2) Win User

Windows 10 Refurbished Machine

Hi,

I'm working with a company that recently purchased Windows 10 refurbished machines. One of the machines has become corrupted during a Windows Update, and any recovery will not work. I'm going to reinstall Windows but none of these machines have license stickers on them, although they all show activated.

How can I ensure I don't run into activation issues when reinstalling the OS.

Thanks,

Chris

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Win 10 for refurbished machines

I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines.

I activated it and it runs well.

My questions are as follows.

1. Can I upgrade the old 500GB HD to an SSD?

2. How do I go about installing the SSD and transfering over the OS? (from a 500GB HD to a 500GB SSD ... there has been nothing installed except for drivers for a new video card)

3. The size of the 'old HD" is larger than the "new SSD" (likely due to over provisioning supported in win10)

4. I am leary of using the Samsung migration software since prior migrations were fraught with problems

Thanks in advance

Confused

ConfusedaboutWIN10, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:18 PM
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Refurbished Machine - Similar Threads - Refurbished Machine

2. New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset: I have booted a new refurbished HP laptop but did not write down the password. Now it wants that and I cannot get back in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-refurbished-laptop-hp-win-10-password-reset/03662408-e7f4-452c-9b5c-ed9d6703642c
  3. Unable to create a Restore Drive in newly MAR Refurbished Windows 10 Pro HP EliteBook 840...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create a Restore Drive in newly MAR Refurbished Windows 10 Pro HP EliteBook 840...: Making a "Restore USB in Windows 10 Pro does not work Product: HP EliteBook 840 G2 (MAR Refurbished) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I purchased two MAR Refurbished HP EliteBook 840 G2's. One came from Joy Systems, and the other came from Arrow...
  4. Refurbished computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refurbished computer with windows 10: I recently purchased a computer through walmart.com. I came with Windows 10. I had to call your company to get it activated. Now, when I try to download anything it asks for a password before I can open the files. I never made a password and my Microsoft password doesn't...
  5. HOW TO CLAIM WIN PRO REFURBISHER 10 64 BIT ENGLISH I HAVE RRP COMMERCIAL PACK

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HOW TO CLAIM WIN PRO REFURBISHER 10 64 BIT ENGLISH I HAVE RRP COMMERCIAL PACK: HOW TO CLAIM WIN PRO REFURBISHER 10 64 BIT ENGLISH I HAVE RRP COMMERCIAL PACK PLEASE SEND LINK TO CLAIM THE WINDOWS 10 PRO RRP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-claim-win-pro-refurbisher-10-64-bit-english/3f3e90c7-78c3-4888-a3d5-e4630ba7a73c"
  6. Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers

Making "Restore Media" for two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers: I purchased two MAR REFURBISHED HP EliteBook 840 G2 Computers from Walmart. The first came from Joy Systems; the second from Arrow. New HP's come with a "factory restore Image" in a separate partition on the hard drive and a program, which will run only once, that allows the...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro on new hard drive originally with refurbishers product key

Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro on new hard drive originally with refurbishers product key: I have a laptop with a 320GB hdd that I just bought from an authorized microsoft refurbisher with a refurbisher windows 10 sticker and product key. It has been activated and is working fine. Except, I have decided to replace the hdd with an ssd to pick up some performance. My...
  8. Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...

Regarding MAR refurbished HP EleteBook 840 G2 -- Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling...: Recently I came across an article, I believe that originated on this site, entitled How to: Create a Recovery Drive for Reinstalling Windows 10. I have a MAR refurbished EliteBook 840 G2 that was advertised as having a "recovery drive" but the instructions that came with the...
  9. Unable to activate Windows on refurbished desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows on refurbished desktop: I just recently bought this computer. It was refurbished. On the side of the computer i have the Windows 7 Home Premium OA Product Key. My computer is saying that Windows is not activated. However it is not accepting the product key. It is saying Error (0xc004f050) The...
  10. Win 10 for refurbished machines

Win 10 for refurbished machines: I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines. I activated it and it runs well. My questions are as follows. 1. Can I upgrade the old 500GB HD to an SSD? 2. How do I go about installing the SSD and transfering over the OS?...