Windows 10: Windows 10 refuses to boot with “Above 4G memory” option for crypto mining enabled.

Discus and support Windows 10 refuses to boot with “Above 4G memory” option for crypto mining enabled. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! So I have a Hackintosh, and in order to boot it up, I have to enable an option called “Above 4G memory”. It boots great. If I want to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MouseyMan7, May 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 refuses to boot with “Above 4G memory” option for crypto mining enabled.

Hi all!

So I have a Hackintosh, and in order to boot it up, I have to enable an option called “Above 4G memory”. It boots great. If I want to boot Windows 10 with this option enabled, I enter a boot loop with the logo rotating.

Any idea on what’s going on here? Thanks!

SPECS: PROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 PRO-VDH MAX RAM: 2x8GB + 1x16GB SSD: 512GB (for hackintosh) and 1TB SAMSUNG EVO 860 for Windows 10. GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1050ti 4G OC

submitted by /u/MouseyMan7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MouseyMan7, May 8, 2020
  2. Rik92 Win User

Crypto jacking and data mining

I recently read an article about data mining. I use Avast internet security s/w so I asked them if their software protects against crypto jacking. They said it does detect and block data miners. But it does not work with IE and Edge because they do not support
    add-ons from Avast or other. How can I protect myself from crypto jacking or data mining when using IE or Edge?

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge

Rik92, May 8, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 8, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 refuses to boot with “Above 4G memory” option for crypto mining enabled.

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 refuses to boot with “Above 4G memory” option for crypto mining enabled.

1. Windows 10 refuses to boot with “Above 4G memory” option for crypto mining enabled. - Similar Threads - refuses boot “Above

2. Am I mining crypto ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I mining crypto ?: Hello, i have a weird thing on my PC, my GPU used to have very low clock % before, but now it never go bellow 1830 MHz.I can do everything to lower it, it keeps it clock at this level.I dont know when and why it behaves like that. So if someone can help me figuring out what...
  3. Am I mining crypto ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I mining crypto ?: Hello, i have a weird thing on my PC, my GPU used to have very low clock % before, but now it never go bellow 1830 MHz.I can do everything to lower it, it keeps it clock at this level.I dont know when and why it behaves like that. So if someone can help me figuring out what...
  4. Salad Crypto Mining Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Salad Crypto Mining Software: Hello, I have been thinking of starting to mine crypto with the free application salad. However, I have been doing research, and some people say that is is malware that will harm my PC. Yes, it does have a verified publisher, but that doesn't sell me. I would like a...
  5. explorer.exe high cpu usage - crypto mining suspect

explorer.exe high cpu usage - crypto mining suspect: Hello, I'm running windows 11 latest update. The last night I notice by a "rainmeter skin" that check cpu and top process usage that my cpu was using 100% on 2 cores of 6 from my i5 9400f when system is idle. As open task manager the explorer.exe usage go down "normal" so...
  6. Windows 11 4G memory requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 4G memory requirement: I have created a virtual machine and allocated 4Gb of memory, as required. I get the error "Win 11 failed to start. Not enough memory to start the virtual machine Win 11."...
  7. Windows 11 4G memory requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 4G memory requirement: I have created a virtual machine and allocated 4Gb of memory, as required. I get the error "Win 11 failed to start. Not enough memory to start the virtual machine Win 11."...
  8. How Do I Detect Crypto Mining?

How Do I Detect Crypto Mining?: Could anyone tell me how I can detect a crypto-miner on my machines? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-detect-crypto-mining/ec413a26-d2b3-4741-b35c-f2997939d4a2
  9. crypto mining

crypto mining: please help me a crypto mining virus is in my system it has disabled my inbuilt windows defender it's completely gone I don't know it happened and from where it came into my system even I have all bought genuine software non of that software have been downloaded cracked all...
  10. my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware

my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware: there is a process that has no name with a settings symbol, and when i click on open file location it brings me to svchost in system32, i cant end the task or the pc will bsod, malwarebytes shows nothing, windows defender shows nothing, and it uses about 50% of my cpu and 80...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. above 4g memory windows no boot

2. above 4g memory