Windows 10: Windows 10 refuses to install on my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 refuses to install on my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I paid over $150 for the Windows 10 upgrade, it gave me a link to an ISO but no way to burn it on a disk as the install software was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TAW0013, May 9, 2020.

1. TAW0013 Win User

Windows 10 refuses to install on my computer

When I paid over $150 for the Windows 10 upgrade, it gave me a link to an ISO but no way to burn it on a disk as the install software was not available. I've tried using a WinRAR but it keeps failing. I tried running the setup.exe file from my C drive and I got this error message.

Windows installation cannot be started from the current operating system. To install Windows, boot from the installation media, or upgrade from a supported operating system and restart the installation.

I'm upgrade from Windows Vista and my PC is an Inspiron 531.

:)

TAW0013, May 9, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 9, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 9, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 refuses to install on my computer - Similar Threads - refuses install computer

2. Why does my computer refuse to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer refuse to install updates?: My laptop is unable to install new updates and my apps can't update via Microsoft Store either. I've tried restarting my computer several times and making sure Windows Update is running, but it doesn't work. What could be the problem?...
  3. Why does my computer refuse to install updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer refuse to install updates?: My laptop is unable to install new updates and my apps can't update via Microsoft Store either. I've tried restarting my computer several times and making sure Windows Update is running, but it doesn't work. What could be the problem?...
  4. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  5. My computer refused to shut down.

My computer refused to shut down.: When l went to shut it down either from the case button or windows pop-up menu. It flashes the blue screens and then restarts. Problem only occurred now after months of running it fine. Asrock Steel legend B-550, R9-5900x, gigbyte RTX 3070 and 4 Trident z royal series 16GB...
  6. My computer refuses to shut down.

My computer refuses to shut down.: When l shut it down either from the case button or windows pop-up menu. It flashes the blue screens and then restarts. Problem only occurred now after months of running it fine. Asrock Steel legend B-550, R9-5900x, gigbyte RTX 3070 and 4 Trident z royal series 16GB each....
  7. Computer Refusing To Update On Fresh Install Of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Refusing To Update On Fresh Install Of Windows: Hiya! I'm Having issues updating my Windows 10 install. This is a fresh install, only about 2 or 3 days old. When I go to the windows setting menu, and click the button labeled "Check For Updates" it loads for a second, before spitting out an error. I've gotten two so far:...
  8. Computer refuses to boot into Windows.

Computer refuses to boot into Windows.: I will have to recap my entire situation: Apparently a week ago there was a power outage, as my PC (still functional at that time) was still on. As I turned on my PC, it would never boot into windows, but instead send me to the bios, where I was suggested to play around...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Refuses to Install

Minecraft Windows 10 Refuses to Install: I recently redeemed a code for Minecraft, the windows 10 version. Upon attempting to install Minecraft to my PC I am greeted with the following message: "Installing on your devices: To download to your Xbox, it must be on or set to Instant-on, with automatic updates and...
  10. Windows 10 refuses to install on SSD

Windows 10 refuses to install on SSD: Basically I had windows 10 installed on NVMe Samsung 960 SSD for awhile. Along with it there were 2 more partitions configured: 1 dynamic partition (2x 2TB HDD), 1 static (1x 1TB HDD). Now due to some issues decided to re-install Windows 10 completely. Booted to Windows...