Windows 10: Windows 10 refuses to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 refuses to sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I felt like I should re-open that thread here. I got an issue (on the pic attached). Anyone knows how to kill that beast? 2208 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orbitalfenestra, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Windows 10 refuses to sleep

Hi! I felt like I should re-open that thread here. I got an issue (on the pic attached). Anyone knows how to kill that beast?

:)

orbitalfenestra, Oct 4, 2014
  2. TonySobhy Win User

Shut down and restart

My windows 10 laptop refuses to shut down and refuses to restart. It only sleeps when I click on sleep button from the start menu and when I fold it. I haven’t tried to push the power button as I know that is not good.

TonySobhy, Oct 4, 2014
  3. Windows 10 system refuses to sleep

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

What is the make and model of your device?

What are all devices configured to wakeup your PC from sleep?

From your description, it is not sure what exactly causing this issue. Try to run Built-in Power troubleshooter to see if it fix the issue.

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Power” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.

* Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Apply repair automatically”.

* Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process. Now check if it makes any difference.

Let us also find the devices that are configured to wake up your PC from sleep and which is the device that made your PC to wake from sleep lastly.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configured to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and
      execute second command now.

powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to
      wake your PC from sleep.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 4, 2014
  4. bromanbro Win User

Windows 10 refuses to sleep

I have absolutely no idea, but nice thread name *Smile

Also lemme chime in dat my Win10 has had 0 problems sleeping. No insomnia here.

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    Not this again... I'd hoped that they have fixed that.

Rickkins, Oct 4, 2014
  6. It's related to Maintenance / updates. Windows send a request, but then it just stay there, and I need to reboot to remove it.

7. At least now, Windows shows something in powercfg -requests. I just need someone who will be able to teach me how to kill that. lol

8. bromanbro Win User

Is this a new Win10 thing? Granted I usually set Windows Update to manual and disabled maintenance, but that shit disables sleep mode *Redface?

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  9. It's a technical preview so you cannot deactivate maintenance and update. I may have a solution (I'm trying right now): force maintenance manually.

10. bromanbro Win User
    I noticed.

How do I disable them! Gimme yo hax!

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  11. Edit: after forcing maintenance twice, that dawn svchost is still sending request to prevent my PC from sleep. I guess it can't be helped for now, unless a super duper amazing guy shows up and tell us how to get around it. XD

12. bromanbro Win User
    Looking forward to it. I hate auto updates/maintenance interfering when I'm doing something.

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  13. AddRAM Win User

No insomnia here either, I wish I could say that for myself, I haven`t slept in years *Sleepy

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  14. bromanbro Win User
    years Windows 10 refuses to sleep o_O?

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
  15. Screw that! I've created a scheduled task for rebooting my PC each day. For now it will do, until someone has a better way.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 refuses to sleep - Similar Threads - refuses sleep

2. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  3. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  4. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  5. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  6. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

7. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  8. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  9. COMPUTER WILL OFTEN REFUSE TO WAKE UP FROM SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    COMPUTER WILL OFTEN REFUSE TO WAKE UP FROM SLEEP MODE: Of late the computer often will not wake ip from sleep mode using the mouse or keyboard. The computer power light is on so pressing that no help. Am forced to cut power to the computer and then power it back up...
  10. Windows refused to wake up from sleep and get driver_power_state_failure from ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows refused to wake up from sleep and get driver_power_state_failure from ntoskrnl.exe: Since yesterday, whenever my laptop went to sleep, it wont wake up. Just black screen for some time and then shows the logo screen as if i restarted my laptop. The thing is it's only like this when it goes to sleep from inactivity, not if i close my laptop or push the power...