Windows 10: Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter

Discus and support Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a bit of an interesting problem, on my keyboard I cannot type the Lowercase Letter L. Its weird because shift L works to get me captioL L. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DragonMan210, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter

So I have a bit of an interesting problem, on my keyboard I cannot type the Lowercase Letter L. Its weird because shift L works to get me captioL L. In fact, through this entire question I can onLy type capitoL L's. This is not a keyboard probLem, as I have tried 3 different keyboards, and Lowercase L won't type on any of them. Even if I puLL up the on-screen keyboard, pressing the Lowercase L won't even type it. But the autocorrect for words that start with L pop up. And its reaLLy weird because if I press LittLe on the on-screen keyboard, then it actuaLLy types the words omitting the L's, Leaving me with itte instead of LittLe. And to go even further, on the ock screen, when I type in my password, the Lowercase L works perfectLy fine. This doesn't appear to be that common of a probLem, and if anybody could heLp me, I wouLd reaLLy appreciate that.

Thanks- ALex

:)

DragonMan210, Jul 15, 2019

2. upgraded to Windows 10. How do I type a letter

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Where are you trying to type a letter?
    • Which application or program are you using to type the letter?

I suggest you to use WordPad or notepad for type the letter or any documents or else please do let us know what exactly you are trying to do? Which application are you looking for typing the letter?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist you further on this issue.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2019
  3. how can I type a letter

There's many ways to accomplish this, but one easy way to type a letter in Windows 10 by opening the built-in "WordPad" program.

• Click the Start button
    • Type "wordpad" to find the WordPad program (it will search as you are typing)
    • Open the program and write your letter
    • Click File menu at the top to Save or Print your letter

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter

1. Windows 10 refuses to type a Letter - Similar Threads - refuses type Letter

2. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  3. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  4. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  5. Random Letters Typing

Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  6. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10: Are you facing trouble with your keyboard? Is your keyboard typing the wrong letters? If yes, this post may help you. Here, we will describe some solutions to fix keyboard typing wrong letters. Sometimes, the problem is not as complicated as users think. Hence, before you...
  8. letter G will not type

letter G will not type: letter G will not type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-g-will-not-type/bc46792a-c5db-4ee2-9e7f-a953725c18bb
  9. Windows 10 changes letters as I type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 changes letters as I type: Hi, I'm using Office 365 on a Won 10 Surface Pro. I have noticed that when typing words such as divisive or spanning, it automatically changes the first part of the word to <div></div> and <span></span> respectively and I can't find any way of stopping it. I thought it is a...
  10. I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I type one letter and it appears as a diferent letter using windows 10: I have just set up my new HP slim line 410-010 and I have keyboard issues. I thinking it goes back to the choices in selecting your keyboard configuration. I recall one of the choices was something about right handed so what ever it said is what I did. I can't type anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. A letter refuses to type on my keyboard