Windows 10: Windows 10 refusing to displaying wifi networks

Discus and support Windows 10 refusing to displaying wifi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i've been having some minor issues with windows 10 on my laptop for a while now involving selecting items directly from the taskbar, I try to open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by python159, Oct 26, 2019.

1. python159 Win User

Windows 10 refusing to displaying wifi networks

So i've been having some minor issues with windows 10 on my laptop for a while now involving selecting items directly from the taskbar, I try to open a folder by right clicking on file explorer on the taskbar and going up and it tells me "The item you have selected is unavaliable. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted" despite the fact I hadn't touched the folder in question before or after the update, but now i've discovered a rather serious problem.
    Today I ATTEMPTED to log onto a friend's wifi network while I was at their house and when I clicked on the wifi symbol on the far left side of the taskbar list tried to open and then immidiatly closed itself after 2 seconds without showing anything at all like it's throwing a hissy fit, this is a serious problem becasue now I am now essentially locked out of any wifi network that isn't my home network. Does anyone have any advice with how to sort this out, preferably without having to do a full blow windows 10 reinstall becasue I have a lot of external programs that are going to be next to impossible to get back.

:)

python159, Oct 26, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Wifi Networks Not Displaying

Hi,

Wrong Network configuration settings may be the possible cause why Wi-Fi Networks was not displaying or your unable to connect to your Wi-Fi. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    to troubleshoot your Network connection. You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the steps in this

article
    on how you can troubleshoot Wi-Fi problem.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 26, 2019
  4. VIC
    Vic Win User

Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 refusing to displaying wifi networks - Similar Threads - refusing displaying wifi

2. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  3. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    refuses to connect to wifi: I just downgraded to windows 10 and now everytime i connect to my wifi it just says no internet, secured. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refuses-to-connect-to-wifi/ad34dbca-b7ec-4f80-a6e1-7e4cebcdc95f
  4. refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer: Win 10 flat out refuses to connect to my WiFi printer-->Normally Win 10 asks for a password in order to connect to a new network, even after the network has been set to 'forget', it again asks for a pass. My Brother pocket jet PJ-673 printer, connects via USB cable without...
  6. windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer: Win 10 flat out refuses to connect to my WiFi printer-->Normally Win 10 asks for a password in order to connect to a new network, even after the network has been set to 'forget', it again asks for a pass. My Brother pocket jet PJ-673 printer, connects via USB cable without...
  7. windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi printer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Laptop: Wifi refusing to enable

Windows 10 Laptop: Wifi refusing to enable: Hello, recently i’ve encountered a random issue with my Dell Inspiron 5555 Windows 10 laptop. to put it simply: the wifi refuses to enable. whenever I attempt to enable it, it shows that there are no networks available, and then turns itself off and goes into airplane...
  9. Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

Wifi refuses to connect to already known network: Hi there. I have recently been having a problem with my Surface Go. It will occasionally refuse to connect to a wifi network, that should connect automatically. On the occasion, it will say networks are available, but it will not connect automatically. So I go into the...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop won’t display WiFi networks

Windows 10 Laptop won’t display WiFi networks: My Aspire V Nitro won’t display Wifi Networks. Despite temporarily disabling all networking devices in device manager, reseting the PC twice, and changing the network properties, nothing has happened to change the situation. I’ve tried to look through other Microsoft Support...