Windows 10: Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.

Discus and support Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As I had the issue with the EXPLORER.exe class not registered, I had to re-build the windows 10, and that's when DIRT 3 and GRID refused to start in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FayezDjellit, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.

As I had the issue with the EXPLORER.exe class not registered, I had to re-build the windows 10, and that's when DIRT 3 and GRID refused to start in STEAM.

I tried downloading all the versions of Microsoft Visual C++ and couple of .DLL files, ALSO. I did install OpenAL and tried to run the game in administrator mode, NOTHING seemed to fix it! please help. I would appreciate it.

:)

FayezDjellit, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Games from the Windows Store refuse to launch

Hi Blood RAZ3 2,

I've gone through your post and it appears that you've already tried every possible steps that may address the issue. I will have this replicated to further troubleshoot the issue. With that, allow me to ask the following information that may aid us in sorting
    this out:

• Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you currently have?

To check the current build and version of Windows 10, just type in winver in the Cortana search, and then hit
    Enter.

In the meantime, please try this workaround that I found in one of the forums online:

• Open Windows Store and try to download any free app.
    • As soon as it starts to download, cancel it.
    • Once done, try opening Sea of Thieves or any Microsoft published games and see if the game will launch.

Please update this thread with the results so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 18, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build.

1. Windows 10 refusing to open certain games after re-build. - Similar Threads - refusing open certain

2. Certain games refuse to work where everything else does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain games refuse to work where everything else does: HiSo there are 3 games and one specific DLC of one game that refuses to work on my PC and none of them really have anything in common. It's driving me nuts trying to fix it cause nothing I find online has done anything! I've uninstalled drivers, booted into safe mode, clean...
  3. Certain games refuse to work where everything else does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain games refuse to work where everything else does: HiSo there are 3 games and one specific DLC of one game that refuses to work on my PC and none of them really have anything in common. It's driving me nuts trying to fix it cause nothing I find online has done anything! I've uninstalled drivers, booted into safe mode, clean...
  4. Certain games refuse to work where everything else does

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 settings refusing to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings refusing to open: So I've been facing some issues with my settings these past few weeks, every time I try to open it it just automatically closes, at the start I've had problems with stuff inside settings not workingdata usage not appearing, windows updates not working but now the entire app...
  6. Xbox Game Bar refuses to open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar refuses to open.: I don't know what's going on, but for whatever reason the Xbox Game Bar refuses to open anymore. It use to work just fine, I would use it all the time to play online and party up with friends. However at some point it just stopped opening. No idea why. I tried doing just...
  7. Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open: Hello everyone, This has been occuring for a few months now and I am getting sick of it. My settings app refuses to open as when I try it will flash the settings screen and automatically close it. I have tried using command prompt, win + I, going into the app settings...
  8. Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 1903 Crashing when opening certain programs: Hi everyone. I updated my Windows 10 so i could use the Xbox Game pass. but now when i open some programs my computer goes black screen and i have to restart. so far only two programs crash my computer (Kingdom come deliverance and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy) but...
  9. Certain games on the XBox Game Pass refuse to install on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain games on the XBox Game Pass refuse to install on my Windows 10 PC: Hello. So today I bought the xbox game pass, mainly because it had multiple games I was interested, but did not want to buy outright. However, multiple games I was interested will not install. The "Install" button is grayed out, and although the "Install on my Devices" button...
  10. Windows 10 refuses to re-activate after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 refuses to re-activate after a hardware change.: I recently rebuilt most of my computer from the ground up, keeping only the Hard Drive from my previous build. I then reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (Same version I have a digital license for tied to my account, wanted a clean install because of the new drivers/etc.) and tried to...