Windows 10: Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error

Discus and support Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently expierencing Windows 10 permission errors when I try to run EXE files on an Administrator L3, "Admin" not the ACTUAL Administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FriendlyChemist, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error

Hello, I'm currently expierencing Windows 10 permission errors when I try to run EXE files on an Administrator L3, "Admin" not the ACTUAL Administrator account account.The same error occurs in the built-in administrator account, which is enanled by running "net user administrator /active:yes".The error simply reads:I've tried disabling inheritence I gave myself all perms afterResseting the permissions, And granting myself Owner of the entire C: drive.Nothing worked.At first I thought it was corrupted data, So I ran SFC /scannow and CHKDSK, no errors were found on both.This i

:)

FriendlyChemist, Apr 28, 2021
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error

1. Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error - Similar Threads - Refusing run EXE's

2. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions: Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions using Window 11. Just purchased desktop PC. Tried to run plug-in external dvd drive. It will not automatically run the setup file. Says it is blocked and requires admin. permission. I am the administrator. I tried right...
  3. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions: Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions using Window 11. Just purchased desktop PC. Tried to run plug-in external dvd drive. It will not automatically run the setup file. Says it is blocked and requires admin. permission. I am the administrator. I tried right...
  4. WindowsApps, game exe run Permission denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps, game exe run Permission denied: Dear Microsoft!We just downloaded the Farming Simulator 2019 what comes free access with Microsoft Xbox Game Pass and i would like to run a dedicated server on my PC, but i get a permission denied error.After googleing, i've set my D:\WindowsApps folder's permission, and i...
  5. Permissions for .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions for .exe files: Even as an administrator on my own laptop, I cannot unzip and use a .exe file that I have had for years on other computers with no problems. But when I updated windows 10 on 27 August 2020, and tried to use that file on this computer, I was prevented. Previous versions of...
  6. dont have permission to run exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dont have permission to run exe: using win 10 but for a few months I cant run programs which I have downloaded. Even if I press run in browser a message says that I don't have permission to run program or update....
  7. Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application: Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with a Windows 10 Permissions Error and i really need some Windows Experts help, Situation I Have an application that is called SGT, it is a software for industry management the problem is that whenever i'm using a Regular User of...
  8. Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Permissions Errors at an Windows 10 EXE Application: Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with a Windows 10 Permissions Error and i really need some Windows Experts help, Situation I Have an application that is called SGT, it is a software for industry management the problem is that whenever i'm using a Regular User of...
  9. VMware refuses to run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware refuses to run Windows 10: I have been trying to run Windows 10 on Vmware Player on the latest insider build but I keep running into this error: [img] I have played about with Group Policy to change the status of Device Guard but the error still appears. 134369
  10. Windows 10 not running .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...