Windows 10: Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have windows 7 working with AHCI support, Samsung telling me T.R.I.M is enabled. I use that as my control. I want to dual boot. SSD is set, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dust906, May 29, 2018.

1. dust906 Win User

Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD

So I have windows 7 working with AHCI support, Samsung telling me T.R.I.M is enabled. I use that as my control.
    I want to dual boot. SSD is set, so I install windows 10 on a separate HDD and the only way to do that is to put the bios on IDE mode because im installing windows 10 on the hitachi. Now that all works.

Windows 10 took the OS selection over, so i boot back into windows 7 and make that my default. now i get the windows 7 OS selection.
    Proceeded to try and get windows 7 to boot with my mobo in AHCI mode to no avail. (my thought was maybe i could plug the windows 10 HDD into a non-AHCI slot and it might work IDE, but booting refused.

SO my next thought was to partition the SDD 75GB and install win10 on the SSD and get me a drive a could wipe out of it, and then my SDD would dual boot both in AHCI. hours later, I've determined windows 10 does not play nicely with older stuff as it would not detect anything past the boot cycle with windows 10 anything remotely enabled.

Using a Rufus ISO to install , i have been doing this on this particular machine for years. Works fine. Windows 10 USB installation with NOT recognize my SSD at all …. there's a 0mb (can't do absolutely anything) with partition.

so because i want to dual boot, i cannot use AHCI on my windows 7 OS for some reason with an IDE enabled copy of windows installed on another sata drive

Operating System
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.81)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States)
    Installed: 5/24/2018 7:52:47 PM
    Servicing Branch: Insider Preview
    Boot Mode: BIOS (Secure Boot not supported)
    System Model
    Gateway DX4300
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a
    2.40 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core
    512 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Not hyper-threaded
    Main Circuit Board b
    Board: Gateway RS780
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P01-B1 03/06/2010
    Drives
    749.15 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    310.70 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Generic Mini SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 7
    Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
    Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 6
    Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
    Generic USB xD/SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 5
    Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) -- drive 1, s/n TE854349C85GJR, rev GG2OA7A0, SMART Status: Healthy
    Samsung SSD 840 Series [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n S14GNEBCB98589P, rev DXT0AB0Q, SMART Status: Healthy
    SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Device (7.90 GB) -- drive 2, s/n 20060266521644E1932F
    Memory Modules c,d
    7936 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB (serial number 1E867396)
    Slot 'DIMM1' has 2048 MB (serial number F6887396)
    Slot 'DIMM2' has 2048 MB (serial number 535FA683)
    Slot 'DIMM3' has 2048 MB (serial number 4B5FA683)
    Local Drive Volumes
    c: (NTFS on drive 1) * 80.67 GB 48.93 GB free
    e: (NTFS on drive 1) 418.95 GB 126.82 GB free
    f: (NTFS on drive 0) 249.53 GB 134.95 GB free

:)

dust906, May 29, 2018

2. How to Enable AHCI for SSD in Windows 10.

Original title: AHCI for SSD

I've installed a Samsung 850 Pro 512 gig SSD. The Samsung Magician is telling me " AHCI is disabled for one or more connected SSDs. System must boot in AHCI mode for best performance". How do I enable AHCI in Windows 10 Pro? Thanks in advance.

David Gregoroff, May 29, 2018
  3. cswd Win User
    How to Enable AHCI for SSD in Windows 10.

I had this issue, but couldn't solve it with the suggested Registry changes, instead this worked and seems much simpler:

Start windows 10

Select Safe Mode Boot in msconfig

Reboot go into BIOS

Change Setting to AHCI

Continue into Windows (Safe Mode)

Let Windows do its magic

Uncheck Safe Mode in msconfig

Reboot as normal

I was struggling to get a Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250GB running in AHCI mode on an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB Motherboard, it would only run in IDE mode.

Making the above changes improved the performance reported by Samsung Magician from:

IDE : Sequential (MB/s) Read 263 Write 358 Random (IOPS) Read 7859 Write 17012

to:

AHCI: Sequential (MB/s) Read 516 Write 476 Random (IOPS) Read 50,188 Write 24,240

And improved the boot time significantly, so worth the effort.

Thanks,

Thema:

Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD

1. Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD - Similar Threads - refusing AHCI mode

2. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?: Hi everyone. I have been trying to install Linux which requires AHCI mode so that I can use both Windows and Linux in my system. I looked up on internet but none of the solutions worked. I changed my driver from Device Manager and rebooted my device, after which I saw endless...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?: Hi everyone. I have been trying to install Linux which requires AHCI mode so that I can use both Windows and Linux in my system. I looked up on internet but none of the solutions worked. I changed my driver from Device Manager and rebooted my device, after which I saw endless...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 and have AHCI mode enabled with it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Samsung Magician detects AHCI mode deactivated in my SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician detects AHCI mode deactivated in my SSD boot drive: AHCI mode is actually activated in the UEFI, and I also tried changing some numbers via regedit, but that didn't seem to help.I read online that magician has a bug and sometimes doesn't read AHCI correctly, and also that you can detect if it works correctly via device manager...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on AHCI enabled SSD directly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on AHCI enabled SSD directly: Hi Microsoft Community. I'm having a hard time as to why I cannot install my Windows 10 directly when i have enabled AHCI on my BIOS. Is there anyway we can get through or around that? I've seen some posts regarding that issue but the fact that it goes through coding on...
  7. Cannot enable AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation

Cannot enable AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation: I am running Windows 10, trying to get my SSD switched to AHCI from IDE after I have already installed windows on it. I currently have it connected to SATA port 6. I have several other regular hard drives on SATA0-4. [img] Picture of my BIOS options and motherboard info...
  8. Attn. SSD owners - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation.

Attn. SSD owners - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation.: Hello everybody. What started out as a request for guidance ended up with me solving my own problem. Thought I may as well pass on my findings anyway just in case it helps somebody else in the same situation. So over the weekend, through a series of upgrades, I...
  9. SSD not working in AHCI after Windows 10 install

SSD not working in AHCI after Windows 10 install: My situation is the following:I had a LGA 775 Mobo pc,and one of my father's collegues was upgrading his pc so he gave us his old computer system,i found out that his motherboard had better functions and is better overall,motherboard is gigabyte ga-ep35-DS3L,i installed it in...
  10. Is AHCI enabled?

Is AHCI enabled?: Hello. I got my hp Z800 a Samsung 850 evo ssd 250gb installed. I also got the Samsung magician software (Current version). It's says that AHCI is not enabled, but when I go to the bios it shows that AHCI is enabled. I attached some pictures for you. Windows Problems –...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd 840 500 gb ahci drivers

2. samsung ssd 840 ahci not recognized hp z800

3. ahci win 10 no 500 mb partition

4. switch from ahci to ide windows 10 gateway nv73a laptop