Windows 10: Windows 10 Registry BackUp / Security

Discus and support Windows 10 Registry BackUp / Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Over the last few releases of Windows 10, I have become very disenchanted using 'Restore Points' as a backup for my PC's registry; although having... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ian Mosley, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Registry BackUp / Security

Over the last few releases of Windows 10, I have become very disenchanted using 'Restore Points' as a backup for my PC's registry; although having sufficient reserved space for them they inevitably get deleted a few - inconsistent - days leaving without workable registry security.

Does anyone of an automated method of securing my Windows' registry other than the totally useless 'Restore Point' methodology?

:)

Ian Mosley, Dec 27, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Registry Backup - Question

Registry Backup

I am reading a book, Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It makes these two statements.

• File History also keeps a copy of your Registry.
    • Every time you start your computer, it makes a backup copy of that Registry.
    Where and how do I find these copies?

Thanks,

Jerry

5/29/17

Jerry8AB, Dec 27, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Registry BackUp / Security

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Registry BackUp / Security

1. Windows 10 Registry BackUp / Security - Similar Threads - Registry BackUp Security

2. Registry Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backups: Based on a lot of Googling and information from this forum I created the below batch file to backup my Windows 10 registry from an elevated cmd prompt. Everything is working perfectly but I have a question on what I'm backing up. Are there other registry hives/locations that...
  3. Registry Backup & Restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Backup & Restore: After becoming disenchanted with the Windows Restore Point methodology, I’ve started taking manual registry backups using ‘RegEdit’. My query is that if I need to restore from one of these backups, does it completely replace the current contents of the registry, or, does...
  4. Registry backup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry backup.: Hi… I'm writing for help; I need to back up my computer registry in Windows 10. In an informative way, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-backup/dd995970-3925-4591-b11b-6d5f49ea968f
  5. How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Microsoft used to perform backups of the registry automatically, but the feature has been quietly disabled in Windows 10. If you want to regularly backup registry to RegBack folder, you’ll have to manually enable Registry backup feature in Windows 10. Windows 10 version...
  6. system registry backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system registry backup: How do I re-enable the automatic system registry backup in windows 10, ver 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-registry-backup/6cd035fa-f7a9-4481-b9b0-5c74bd3f4d24
  7. Backup Registry Hives

Backup Registry Hives: As many of us knows that latest version of Windows 10 won't backup registry hives which could be needed when Windows 10 won't boot because of registry errors. I have created batch script for backing up registry hives this batch script will create two folders at root of C:...
  8. Backup Registry Hives

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup Registry Hives: As many of us knows that latest version of Windows 10 won't backup registry hives which could be needed when Windows 10 won't boot because of registry errors. I have created batch script for backing up registry hives this batch script will create two folders at root of C:...
  9. Is it necessary to backup the registry?

Is it necessary to backup the registry?: When I used Windows 7, I used a program called RegBak to backup the registry. You could even restore the registry with it if the system didn't boot. I also found this article, How to restore Registry from its secret backup on Windows 10, but my "secret backup" is empty. I...
  10. Backup Registry, Reset Windows, and Restore Registry afterwards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Registry, Reset Windows, and Restore Registry afterwards: This could be one of the ridiculous post have ever made. But, I have been wondering what will happen if I backup all of the registry keys, reset Windows 10, and then restore the registry keys? Will it affect device driver? Will the device be bricked? 62996