Windows 10: Windows 10 Registry Key Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Registry Key Question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello to the Microsoft Community, I stumbled across something I would like to ask the community about. I was poking around the registry on one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AntiC0rr3lation, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Registry Key Question

Hello to the Microsoft Community,

I stumbled across something I would like to ask the community about.

I was poking around the registry on one of my two workstations and saw something that may be nothing at all, but it's the first time I have seen registry keys like this.

If, perchance, some other symbols are used in the registry, such as the Chinese pictograms that define the keys but not the values that are inhabiting my registry, would it not stand to reason that if the keys are valid for any purpose, that they would have to be called using the same pictograms, no?

The only evidence are the key values which are legible, and I believe ejw_auto_file refers to a filename extension, but I cannot find any reference to this string, I am familiar ovpn as an extension for OpenVPN location files. Here is another matter. I would have liked to perform a system restore, just to see the outcome, but I had done a restore earlier in the day, and it was the oldest I had on the system.

I have a summary of three questions and have attached three examples below with the hopes that someone may offer an educated guess as to why they would exist.

1. As stated above, would it be true that a Chinese named registry key would have to be called by an API that was Chinese, or used the symbols? I hope this question is not as infantile as it sounds. I ask because I know that registry strings are typically structured in Unicode.

2. The data strings - they do indicate a filename extension, yes? Is it an indicator of anything, at all?

3. Have keys like this been seen by anyone in the community?

See the images below. I thank all of you in advance for taking the time to look at this. I appreciate it.

In Peace

<>

Windows 10 Registry Key Question c81a0d50-8168-4e12-8eac-2b15d3b96e10?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 Registry Key Question 6a52e67f-7247-49c2-81da-d9d74574b165?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 Registry Key Question 6d260f7f-8c4b-435e-b71a-f79272738dc8?upload=true.jpg

:)

AntiC0rr3lation, Apr 18, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Windows Registry Key

Does anyone know which registry key(s) report(s) to software which OS you are running?

Thermopylae_480, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Registry Key Question

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Registry Key Question

1. Windows 10 Registry Key Question - Similar Threads - Registry Key Question

2. Registry question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry question: I was editing my registry specifically to change the path for my documents folder but later reverted the changes by importing a backup I made beforehand, but it said "not all data was successfully written to the registry" should I be worried, or not? Looking at the one thing...
  3. Registry question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry question: I was editing my registry specifically to change the path for my documents folder but later reverted the changes by importing a backup I made beforehand, but it said "not all data was successfully written to the registry" should I be worried, or not? Looking at the one thing...
  4. Registry question

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Registry Key Reference

Windows 10 Registry Key Reference: I was reviewing registry keys for Windows 10 and am wondering if a reference document exists.More specifically, I am trying to determine the below.- The exact purpose of the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc\Tethering\Roaming\Devices\-MACAddress- registry...
  6. Windows 10 Registry Key Reference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Registry Key Reference: I was reviewing registry keys for Windows 10 and am wondering if a reference document exists.More specifically, I am trying to determine the below.- The exact purpose of the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WcmSvc\Tethering\Roaming\Devices\-MACAddress- registry...
  7. Registry Question

Registry Question: Missing file after last update ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} If I search for Speech_OneCore I see it installed under system32 directory...
  8. Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit: I recently combined a registry file, what will happen if i combine it one more time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-10-registryregedit/ad7352da-e5d3-4082-bb19-47e9226d396c
  9. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. Registry Question

Registry Question: Run "Regedit". Right click on the registry areas noted below. Select "Permissions..." and the "Advanced" button. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY Type - "Allow" for all Inherited from - "None" for all Principal - Access - Applies to SYSTEM - Full Control - This key and subkeys...