Windows 10: Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

Discus and support Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John Stevenson_TX, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available.

Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7.

No - I didn't record the Windows 10 product key before I reset it.

So what can I do now to get it back to Windows 10?

:)

John Stevenson_TX, Sep 11, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Sep 11, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

How do you factory reset windows 10 with prompt codes

Hi

To know on how to do a factory reset on your computer, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this
    article on how to reset or reinstall Windows 10.

You can also try performing the suggestion shared by Jessen P and
    Yowa N on this thread on how to use command prompt
    on Windows 10 to factory reset my laptop.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

1. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Reinstall Factory Reset

2. Windows 10 Activation after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after Factory Reset: I recently got my Alienware 15 R4 repaired on warranty they replaced the battery, factory reset it and then sold it to my friend who is now having trouble activating windows. Important things to know: -The error code shown is code "0x80072EFE" -I used the computer for a day...
  3. Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset: I recently factory wiped and chose to delete everything on my Windows 10 laptop, but after it reached 100% and restarted it kept resetting after the spinning dots went around once, and then as soon as the next first one or two dots it would black screen and do it over and...
  4. How do I reinstall Windows 10 after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstall Windows 10 after a factory reset?: I am selling my laptop and so will do a factory reset. As the machine was originally bought with Windows 8.1 when I do the factory reset I am expecting it to return to 8.1. If that happens how do I reinstall Windows 10?...
  5. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Lost windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1 So is it possible to get windows 10 back? I tried installing again using...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings

Reinstalling Windows 10 after Resetting PC to factory settings: I reset my PC to factory settings forgetting about Windows 10. Its completely reset to Win8 now and I don't know how to get 10 back. My online Microsoft account still shows that my home PC this one has Windows 10 but it doesn't. Tech support is not available. Does anyone...
  7. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset

Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset: I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell Alienware laptop when it all came out. A month ago I had an issue that the only resolution was to do a factory reinstall. It put me back to Windows 8.1. I've attempted several times to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation...
  8. how do i reinstall microsoft 10 after a factory reset

how do i reinstall microsoft 10 after a factory reset: how do i reinstall microsoft 10 and microsoft word after a factory reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-do-i-reinstall-microsoft-10-after-a-factory/55c33c7a-c2e5-42fa-8c4f-409d5b8474a2
  9. System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems

System factory reset/Windows 10 reinstall problems: My system has been running slow for the last year due to the storage being full and I wanted to clear it out and start over as I had no important things on the system and would take to long to clear everything out manually, I did a factory reset to reinstall windows which...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...